+ Reply to Thread
    sjunder00 is offline Junior Member

Out of state court date

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I was in South Bend over the weekend for the Notre Dame football game and I was arrested for trespassing on the Notre Dame campus. I had been drinking and I am not exactly sure what happened but I believe that I was asked to leave the football game and then attempted to re-enter the facility. I don't know the exact details of what is supposed to happen but I posted bail/bond at St. Joseph County Jail and I am scheduled for a court date on Thursday December 10th at 8am. I live and go to school outside of St. Cloud, Minnesota (about a 10 hour drive) and I was wondering if there was any way for me to pay a fine or something without having to drive back for what I assume would be a fairly short and straight forward proceeding. I was just looking for some advice on to what to do or what the process is for a case like this. Thank you very much for your time.
    Indiana Filer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjunder00 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I was in South Bend over the weekend for the Notre Dame football game and I was arrested for trespassing on the Notre Dame campus. I had been drinking and I am not exactly sure what happened but I believe that I was asked to leave the football game and then attempted to re-enter the facility. I don't know the exact details of what is supposed to happen but I posted bail/bond at St. Joseph County Jail and I am scheduled for a court date on Thursday December 10th at 8am. I live and go to school outside of St. Cloud, Minnesota (about a 10 hour drive) and I was wondering if there was any way for me to pay a fine or something without having to drive back for what I assume would be a fairly short and straight forward proceeding. I was just looking for some advice on to what to do or what the process is for a case like this. Thank you very much for your time.
    You aren't going to get out of this without appearing back in St. Joe county at some point. You could hire an attorney there to deal with the preliminary portions of the case while you stay in MN, but you will have to go back at some point.
    HighwayMan is offline Senior Member
    One of the consequences of drinking to excess unfortunately.