• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out-Of-State Warrant etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MadSwagga

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hello every one and thank you in advance. Lets say I have a warrant in Tx, but now reside in GA. I'm pulled over and given a citation for an expired(out-of-state) tag with no mention of a warrant.

Is there any possibility that they may then find a warrant in the database upon a)My appearance in court or b)I go to the clerk to pay off my said ticket?

p.s. I was unaware of a warrant for my arrest until after some research nearly 2 weeks after my citation. I arranged a payment plan with the out-of-state clerks office but soon lost my job and failed to make the 2nd and ongoing payments. I am now, out of state and trying to rectify my past mistakes.

outonbail

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hello every one and thank you in advance. Lets say I have a warrant in Tx, but now reside in GA. I'm pulled over and given a citation for an expired(out-of-state) tag with no mention of a warrant.

Is there any possibility that they may then find a warrant in the database upon a)My appearance in court or b)I go to the clerk to pay off my said ticket?
There is always a possibility of the warrant showing up for the court/judge to see whenever you become involved in a legal matter.

p.s. I was unaware of a warrant for my arrest until after some research nearly 2 weeks after my citation. I arranged a payment plan with the out-of-state clerks office but soon lost my job and failed to make the 2nd and ongoing payments. I am now, out of state and trying to rectify my past mistakes.
From the sound of your post, you're not trying to rectify anything, you're trying to avoid answering for your past mistakes.

What will happen if and when this warrant does pop up, depends on what charges were filed against you which resulted in the warrant being issued. Was it a felony or misdemeanor?

MadSwagga

There is always a possibility of the warrant showing up for the court/judge to see whenever you become involved in a legal matter.

From the sound of your post, you're not trying to rectify anything, you're trying to avoid answering for your past mistakes.

What will happen if and when this warrant does pop up, depends on what charges were filed against you which resulted in the warrant being issued. Was it a felony or misdemeanor?
To answer your question, it was a misdemeanor.

On another note, If I had no intentions on paying for it, I wouldn't have began a payment plan and made the first and setup payment in person. Secondly, this only occurred within the past 9-10 months. You don't know me, or what I intend to do about this matter. I just asked a question and gave you a bit of info to go from. No more, no less.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">