• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state warrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilreb

What is the name of your state?Indiana/KY
I would like to know what steps need to be taken by Indiana to serve a Kentucky warrent?
Does Indaina just recieve the warrent from Kentucky and serve it?

Kane

I'm not sure I understand your question, but,

if you're arrested in Indiana on a Kentucky warrant, Indiana will hold you in an Indiana jail until Kentucky comes and gets you and brings you back to Kentucky.

This is usually a bad thing, because you can wind up spending quite of bit of time in an Indiana cell, waiting for Kentucky to come and get you.

lilreb

lilreb said:
What is the name of your state?Indiana/KY
I would like to know what steps need to be taken by Indiana to serve a Kentucky warrent?
Does Indaina just recieve the warrent from Kentucky and serve it?
does indiana have to have probable cause to serve the warrent, does something have to happen here for them to serve it.

seniorjudge

Q: does indiana have to have probable cause to serve the warrent,

A: No.

Q: does something have to happen here for them to serve it.

A: Yes, they have to find you.

lilreb

seniorjudge said:
Q: does indiana have to have probable cause to serve the warrent,

A: No.

Q: does something have to happen here for them to serve it.

A: Yes, they have to find you.
Ok, now I have recieved a letter that states the state of kentucky will seize personal and real property for the debit I owe, can they take what belongsd to my new wife , the things she possesed before we married? collectables and such?

seniorjudge

lilreb said:
Ok, now I have recieved a letter that states the state of kentucky will seize personal and real property for the debit I owe, can they take what belongsd to my new wife , the things she possesed before we married? collectables and such?
What are you talking about?

You were asking about criminal charges and now you changed the subject to a collections question.

You have me totally confused.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">