• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outstanding Warrant Concern / Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NullWolf

What is the name of your state? Texas

Question is actually regarding Oklahoma.
http://www.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=007-WL++0500103&County=007-
Details if you want (only good thing about Oklahoma Courts as far as I'm concerned). [begin RANT]Would have prefered being able to send a payment in, but of course you HAVE to show up.[end RANT]

This past July 4th, I received a ticket for "DRIVING OFF MAINTAINED ROADWAY ON W M A" <- Means parking on the beach with about 10 other cars and when the Game Warden comes over, you say you thought it would be OK because of all the OTHER people and he says "I haven't had a chance to run this bunch off." (Basically July 4 ticket runs every hour or so.)

Anyway, I didn't go to the court date (yes, it was stupid not to go).
Now I've got an Outstanding Warrant.
Amount owed $198.40 (as of 12/26/2005 19:00)

The Question: :confused: I'm planning on paying this with my tax return, and was wondering when I go in to pay the fine side of it, what are the chances they will arrest me for the warrant?

I called the County Clerks a couple of weeks ago and was told that warrants are taken care of Tues - Fri after 2pm and that I should "be prepared to stay all day". (God forbid I should be able to take care of this on my day off, Monday, no I've got to miss work.)

Anyhow, fairly simple question aside from the minor ranting.

Thanks Y'all!

Robert

Last edited:

bigpigtx

1. Have you asked the court if you will be arrested if you come in to pay the fine?

2. [Rant] Did you consider that you probably had the option of taking care of this without an appearance BEFORE a warrant was issued? You did make a PROMISE to appear (probably either in person or by mail) and broke that promise. [Rant]

3. It costs alot pay an officer to arrest someone, transport them to jail, book them, house them, and release them than $198.00. Bring cash, I doubt you'll be arrested.

Bottom line: call them and ask

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">