• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overturn conviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dtriad1

What is the name of your state? [email protected] Tennessee

I was convicted of a felony. It was for theft of property over $500.00. I had an attorney when the case began, but I was later laid off from work and could no longer afford to keep the attorney. I was told by the judge that I would not be given a public defendent unless I was in jail. I had no car I had use public transportation to get to court and I was often 2 to 5 minutes late. I was sent to jail three times for being late even my name had not been called in court, and released on bail twice. The third time I was late I was told I would have to stay in jail until the trail (6 months) or I could plead guilty and go home. I have 2 degrees and plenty of extra college credits. I can't get a good job because of the conviction and I would have plead guilty to anything to keep out of jail. Is there anything I can to get this conviction overturned.

H

hexeliebe

The only way to get a conviction overturned is on reversable error where a remedy in law exists. In your case you plead guilty to the charges therefore (unless you left something out) no reversable error exists.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dtriad1 said:

I was convicted of a felony. It was for theft of property over $500.00. I had an attorney when the case began, but I was later laid off from work and could no longer afford to keep the attorney. I was told by the judge that I would not be given a public defendent unless I was in jail. I had no car I had use public transportation to get to court and I was often 2 to 5 minutes late. I was sent to jail three times for being late even my name had not been called in court, and released on bail twice. The third time I was late I was told I would have to stay in jail until the trail (6 months) or I could plead guilty and go home. I have 2 degrees and plenty of extra college credits. I can't get a good job because of the conviction and I would have plead guilty to anything to keep out of jail. Is there anything I can to get this conviction overturned.

My response:

No, you plead guilty. Over and done. Next time, you'll think 3 times before you violate the law, and 3 times before you're late for your appearances. You should have taken an earlier bus, and just waited outside the courtroom.

But no, as you have in the past, you thought that you were better than the judge.

Well, guess what?

IAAL

B

badtenant

All that money you PISSSED away on your education, because it didnt teach you the practically of Life SKILLS.

One of those skills is, when you are in trouble with the Law....the law DEMANDS certain things from you, like punctuallity and responsibility.

This is a TEST to see wether you should be released into the community.

So you have no friends, who could have driven you to court that day and be on time?

Simple basic stuff, you couldn't do.

==========================
dtriad1 said:

I had no car I had use public transportation to get to court and I was often 2 to 5 minutes late. I was sent to jail three times for being late even my name had not been called in court, and released on bail twice. The third time I was late I was told I would have to stay in jail until the trail (6 months) or I could plead guilty and go home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">