• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA bench warrant show up in NJ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bvox

What is the name of your state? NJ

Ok, I was pulled over and given a ticket for driving while suspended in Philadelphia about 2 years ago. I didn't pay the ticket and got my car out of impound and skipped PA to NJ. Since then i've been pulled over about 4 or 5 times (for usually the same thing... i've since learned my lesson) in NJ, still with the same license plate i had in PA. Now I'm about to finish the Sherrifs Labor Assistance Program (or SLAP) in Morris County NJ, and I was wondering if a bench warrant for failure to appear would show up when the jail ran me on tuesday when it didn't show up in my abstract or the one time i spent a night in jail in morris county, or any time i got pulled over. I'm just trying to not take any chances.

seniorjudge

bvox said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

Ok, I was pulled over and given a ticket for driving while suspended in Philadelphia about 2 years ago. I didn't pay the ticket and got my car out of impound and skipped PA to NJ. Since then i've been pulled over about 4 or 5 times (for usually the same thing... i've since learned my lesson) in NJ, still with the same license plate i had in PA. Now I'm about to finish the Sherrifs Labor Assistance Program (or SLAP) in Morris County NJ, and I was wondering if a bench warrant for failure to appear would show up when the jail ran me on tuesday when it didn't show up in my abstract or the one time i spent a night in jail in morris county, or any time i got pulled over. I'm just trying to not take any chances.
Disclosure is the best policy; it could show up on your computer check.

bvox

well i'm going to my local police station tomorrow and asking them to run my name through the system in hopes that it will either a) show up and i can pay the warrant or b) nothing comes up

seniorjudge

bvox said:
well i'm going to my local police station tomorrow and asking them to run my name through the system in hopes that it will either a) show up and i can pay the warrant or b) nothing comes up
One does not "pay warrants."

One surrenders if a warrant is outstanding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">