• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Police Seizure of Real Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PSUSTU

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
I co-own a rental property in Pennsylvania that is going to be seized by the drug task force. The reason is because the other owner was caught growing marijuana in the house. I was not aware of his activities. I do not care about the investment in the house as much as I care about selling it as fast as possible. I know selling it would be difficult because the other owner would not be cooperative with me. I would like to let the police seize the house and sell it for me because that seems like the fastest way to sell it and be done with it. However, I do not know how this process works and how I can protect my credit. Also, I believe the other owner is going to try to prevent the seizure from happening. If anyone could give me insight into the process of selling the property and the effect on someone's credit, I would be grateful.

tranquility

Get an attorney knowledgable with civil forfeiture immediately. You may have specific timelines to challenge the seizure. You are not going to be taken care of by the government without legal action. While you may have a case, you are in an expensively-bad place right now. Getting legal advice is the only chance you have of protecting your interests.

seniorjudge

Get an attorney knowledgable with civil forfeiture immediately. You may have specific timelines to challenge the seizure. You are not going to be taken care of by the government without legal action. While you may have a case, you are in an expensively-bad place right now. Getting legal advice is the only chance you have of protecting your interests.
And one of the things you will have to prove is your innocence in this matter.

Nobody asked me, but I think this is a crappy law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">