• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA warrant, live in Los Angeles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KimtheJ

My boyfriend, when we lived in Pennsylvania, let an idiot friend of his stash his girlfriend's father's gun at his apartment. A long time afterwards, cops came looking for my boyfriend's old roommate but smelled pot smoke and came back with a search warrant. They found the gun and some paraphernalia. My boyfriend had since forgotten about the gun and most of the bongs were his roommates, but took the heat. The man who owned the gun did not press charges. At my boyfriend's hearing/sentencing for drug paraphernalia (bongs) he got two years probation, a fine, and the judge said the gun matter was resolved. A state officer had kept calling him after the case was over, but he never said why. Shortly thereafter, we moved to Los Angeles after he first got the permission of his probation officer. He has been sending in monthly reports. A few months after he left, his mother calls and tells him there's a warrant for his arrest out for "illegal possession of a firearm." The officer who kept calling him was supposedly trying to arrest him. But it's not like he was running anywhere. They knew where he worked, they knew where he lived, but no one came by. My boyfriend has been waiting (1 1/2 years now) to hear from his probation officer (who has his full address and phone number) about the offense or from the state police, but hears nothing. The warrants were appearing in the local newspaper, but they stopped months ago.

So the big question is... how do we know that the warrant has been dropped or even if it has? Why haven't they tried to talk to him if they really want to arrest him? And how will this affect his probation, which is supposed to be up this month? He paid the fine in full a couple months before he left the state. He doesn't want this hanging over his head, but he can't afford a lawyer. And he believe, since we lived in a small town, that the locals may be holding this over him just to keep him out. He's just trying to live an honest, crime-free life. He was young and stupid, and he doesn't deserve to be paying for this for the rest of his life. He's a sensitive man, and jail wouldn't do a damn thing for him. Please, please help. I don't know what else to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">