• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonlevin8

What is the name of your state? california

my friends parents were out of town this weekend again, and he needed money so he decided to throw a party.
There were many underage people there drinking and what not, but then the cops showed up and everyone that knew the owner of the house ran inside, we turned off the lights and locked all the doors.

eventually my friend answered the door and the police came in and just kicked us all out, but now my friend has fines to pay and they called his parents.

ive heard a lot of crap about as long as the doors are locked the cops cant do a thing, but i just want to know exactly what we can do when this happens again (it will).

can i just walk up to the door, ask the officer for a warrant, and then close it in his face when he cant provide one?

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

trisk

I've found that cops will be as nice to you as you are to them. And I'd say that you guys got off lucky that the cops didn't arrest anyone for Contributing to the Deliquincy of a Minor, by providing booze to a bunch of kids. Also, I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I kinda don't think the cops have to get a warrant to investigate/stop a crime in progress...

jasonlevin8

gawm said:
should of never of anawered the door!
can you elaborate on this?

i dont want to know that they will "PROBABLY" just leave..

worst case scenario.. theres 2 empty kegs outside, they cant see into the house at all, and there are a bunch of highschool kids drunk off their asses walking out the gate.

gawm

in Arizona i was at my friends 30th birthday party, it was loud but every one was inside and the windows were closed. police came to the door nobody answered, after awhile the left but left a ticket for a noise violation. that's a lot better than what would of happened if someone would of opened the door, trust me.
I'm not a lawyer all i can offer is real world experience. the trick is not to make contact thus taking away probable cause.

Shay-Pari'e

gawm said:
in Arizona i was at my friends 30th birthday party, it was loud but every one was inside and the windows were closed. police came to the door nobody answered, after awhile the left but left a ticket for a noise violation. that's a lot better than what would of happened if someone would of opened the door, trust me.
I'm not a lawyer all i can offer is real world experience. the trick is not to make contact thus taking away probable cause.
Is this legal advice?, or how to evade? Last I checked, this forum was not about criminals advising other criminals on how to break the law.

You might want to join a different forum.

trisk

Well then again, if nobody broke the law, my buddy Trevor would get REALLY bored listening to his police scanner...

gawm

--PARIDISE-- said:
Is this legal advice?, or how to evade? Last I checked, this forum was not about criminals advising other criminals on how to break the law.

You might want to join a different forum.
A little presumptuous there, i don't have a criminal record. And it is his legal right to avoid unreasonable searches. so unless you were one of the strippers performing at the party you have no idea what i mean by "a lot better". So go make your husband some breakfast!

trisk

Woah woah woah woah woah.

A. what dope thing?
B. i mourn the death of your sense of humor
C. weed makes me sick, i prefer whiskey (-:
D. what did i do to you to make you jump down my throat all over the place? jeez...

gawm

trisk said:
Woah woah woah woah woah.

A. what dope thing?
B. i mourn the death of your sense of humor
C. weed makes me sick, i prefer whiskey (-:
D. what did i do to you to make you jump down my throat all over the place? jeez...
she's probably coming down. i hear people can get quite moody when that happens

Last edited:

jasonlevin8

chill out. I searched the internet trying to find this **** out but couldnt find anything.

maybe you never partied when you were young, it really dosent matter. im just trying to learn my rights.

drinking laws are gay anyways

ps: i know a guy who knows a guy that can get that stick removed from your ass.

Last edited:

trisk

Is it just me, or did PARADISE's post calling me a cock-gobbling degenerate dopefiend disappear?

Well, I'm going to go smoke a bowl, do a couple of lines, shoot some heroin, beer-bong a fifth of Jack, snog some crackwhores, and hit the hay... I've got a long day of pimping my mom tomorrow...

trisk

Paradise, can I give you my all-time favorite quote? Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded...

nitey nite

Shay-Pari'e

trisk said:
Is it just me, or did PARADISE's post calling me a cock-gobbling degenerate dopefiend disappear? I never posted such a thing. But then again, you are high.

Well, I'm going to go smoke a bowl, do a couple of lines, shoot some heroin, beer-bong a fifth of Jack, snog some crackwhores, and hit the hay... I've got a long day of pimping my mom tomorrow...
Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">