• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passing a bad check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fluger77

What is the name of your state? ohio
my brother own's a landscape company, he was using a supply house for material. the owner of the supply house extended him credit by him writing a check out to her and she would hold it until friday the 09/21/07, well she tried to cash it early, well shen then handed it off the the north olmsted police dept. the detective that took the case issued a warrant for his arrest, well he came up with all of the money that the check was written for by 4:00pm on friday 09/21/07, all parties were satisfied.

now the detective will not remove the warrant, i contacted the prosecuters office, i was told that it never came accross his desk, he didnt even know about the case. also the detective does have a personal vendetta against my brother, he wanted to get him on a check that my brother and his partner wrote to a realestate guy for some property, when my brother and his partner realized that this guiy was full of malarky, they stopped payment on the check, well this detective is very good friends with this real estate guy, i guess the were in the military together.

outonbail

What is the name of your state? ohio
my brother own's a landscape company, he was using a supply house for material. the owner of the supply house extended him credit by him writing a check out to her and she would hold it until friday the 09/21/07, well she tried to cash it early, well shen then handed it off the the north olmsted police dept. the detective that took the case issued a warrant for his arrest, well he came up with all of the money that the check was written for by 4:00pm on friday 09/21/07, all parties were satisfied.

now the detective will not remove the warrant, i contacted the prosecuters office, i was told that it never came accross his desk, he didnt even know about the case. also the detective does have a personal vendetta against my brother, he wanted to get him on a check that my brother and his partner wrote to a realestate guy for some property, when my brother and his partner realized that this guiy was full of malarky, they stopped payment on the check, well this detective is very good friends with this real estate guy, i guess the were in the military together.
Sounds like the good ole' boys are at it again. Anyway, was there a point to posting this story? Did you come here with a legal question in mind and somewhere in all the drama, you forgot what it was? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">