• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passport Block ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabtgurl

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

When a court issues a General Bench Warrant for someones arrest for failing to appear for a court date, do they block their passport in anyway to prevent them from skipping the country? OR is this done at a federal level?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
gabtgurl said:
What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

When a court issues a General Bench Warrant for someones arrest for failing to appear for a court date, do they block their passport in anyway to prevent them from skipping the country? OR is this done at a federal level?
You are kidding right? Lets put it this way -- your FRIEND belongs in JAIL! If he tries to leave the country that will not sit well and he can look at really irritating everyone.

scylentbob

Question of my own

Well, I'm glad I found this page before I started my own. My buddy just got home from a trip to Taiwan visiting his dying grandfather. Upon his return through LAX, he was arrested for failing to appear in court. This would have been a court near his college in Northern California for an incident that occured over three months ago. Why would he even be allowed to leave the country with a warrant out for his arrest? And on another point, what is the validity of the warrant, knowing that the warrant was not delivered to him or his current or last known address? (Having read the warrant, I saw it was addressed to a relative of his with whom he barely has any contact, and in addition the mailing address was incorrect.)

CHUCKS

Chucks

Ohiogal said:
You are kidding right? Lets put it this way -- your FRIEND belongs in JAIL! If he tries to leave the country that will not sit well and he can look at really irritating everyone.
YOUR EXSISTING ON THIS PLANET IS IRRITATING .WHO THE HELL IS THIS BITCH? ANSWER THE ****ING QUESTION OR STAY OF THE NET IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY. ITS A GOOD QUESTION. I TOO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE SAME.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">