• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Past Coming Back to Haunt Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eversphere

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have a somewhat complicated situation that I need advice on. I lived in Cleveland, Ohio about 10 years ago and ran with a bad crowd. Not only that, but I also seemed to collect traffic tickets. So I had community service assigned by the court in liew of fines, and never completed all of my community service. About two years after leaving Cleveland for Indiana, I was walking with friends at night when an officer ran my info and it came up with felony warrants in Cleveland. I was arrested and spent four days in county lockup while my parents negotiated with the County Prosecutor in Cleveland. I agreed to sign a statement about everything I knew about a particular person that I had seen a few times, and they 'would take care of everything'. I was released, and have not thought of other minor warrants that could be outstanding against me until I recently transferred to Columbus, Ohio with my job. To make matters worse, I have a suspended license in Indiana due to unpaid tickets (I know, some people never learn) and I was told by the license branch in Columbus that I need a letter from the state of my current license saying that I have a valid license. So I guess my questions boil down to this:

#1 Can I check to see if I have warrants in Cleveland/State of Ohio? And is it anonomous?

#2 Can I take the drivers test in Columbus and get an Ohio State drivers license without even bringing up the state I moved from over 6 months ago?

Any advice would be helpful at this point. I feel like if I try to get my current car legal in Columbus, then I might be arrested for fees and problems in my past. Not to mention throw in a divorce with the spouse and child in Indiana and the other spouse in Ohio... argh

Eversphere

eversphere

C'mon, that doesnt help at all...

I could at least use an answer to my question about how to check on warrants. I understand that you cant tell me to try to get a drivers license in Ohio and ignore my fees and suspended license in Indiana. I want to get this taken care of but don't know where to start. Can you be a little more specific in your reply please?

Thank you,

Eversphere

Ranger56

You're right, it doesn't help

eversphere,
You'll learn one thing real quick on this site. There are plenty of hecklers, and comment buffs, and only a few legitiment advice givers.

Best thing to do with the hecklers is to NOT entertain their comments,or answer back with additional questions,you'll only be inviting more of such. Ignore them and go on with your quest.

Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">