• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

patting down a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eribbit69

What is the name of your state?undefined
I LIVE IN NEW YORK STATE. MY BOYFRIEND WAS STOPPED IN TOWN BECAUSE HE HAD A TAIL LIGHT OUT. A FAMILIAR POLICE APPROACHED THE TRUCK AND REALIZED THERE WERE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE FRONT. HE GOT A TICKET FOR HAVING HIS 15 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND HER 15 YEAR OLD FRIEND IN THERE WITH NO SEATBELT. OK. THE POLICE THEN SAID HE SMELLED POT AND THERE WAS A SEARCH ETC....MY QUESTION IS, DOES THIS MALE OFFICER HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEARCH, ACTUALLY PAT DOWN THESE FEMALE MINORS? ALSO, SINCE THEY WERE STOPPED IN FRONT OF WHERE HIS DAUGHTERS LIVE ANOTHER DAUGHTER, AGE 16 CAME OUT TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON. THIS POLOCE OFFICER PATTED HER DOWN TOO. I DON'T THINK THIS COP WAS JUSTIFIED IN LAYING A HAND ON ANY OF THE CHILDERN. HE DID NOT CALL FOR A FEMALE OFFICER. PLEASE HELP, THESE GIRLS FEEL VIOLATED AND THIS IS A SMALL TOWN... THANKS

BelizeBreeze

eribbit69 said:
What is the name of your state?undefined
I LIVE IN NEW YORK STATE. MY BOYFRIEND WAS STOPPED IN TOWN BECAUSE HE HAD A TAIL LIGHT OUT. A FAMILIAR POLICE APPROACHED THE TRUCK AND REALIZED THERE WERE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE FRONT. HE GOT A TICKET FOR HAVING HIS 15 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND HER 15 YEAR OLD FRIEND IN THERE WITH NO SEATBELT. OK. THE POLICE THEN SAID HE SMELLED POT AND THERE WAS A SEARCH ETC....MY QUESTION IS, DOES THIS MALE OFFICER HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEARCH, ACTUALLY PAT DOWN THESE FEMALE MINORS?
of course he does.
ALSO, SINCE THEY WERE STOPPED IN FRONT OF WHERE HIS DAUGHTERS LIVE ANOTHER DAUGHTER, AGE 16 CAME OUT TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON. THIS POLOCE OFFICER PATTED HER DOWN TOO.
O.K.
I DON'T THINK THIS COP WAS JUSTIFIED IN LAYING A HAND ON ANY OF THE CHILDERN. HE DID NOT CALL FOR A FEMALE OFFICER. PLEASE HELP, THESE GIRLS FEEL VIOLATED AND THIS IS A SMALL TOWN... THANKS
And what you think doesn't matter. It's wrong.
If you want these girls to get some help teach them not to smoke pot or ride around with someone who does.

eribbit69

woah, BelizeBreeze

Either your screen is too small for you to read what people are writing or you are a bitter old man. Take the time to read what is being written and don't assume that there is always a lie there. My bf does not smoke anything for that matter and the children in the truck are his. The fact is there is a problem with harrassment in this little town.......a male officer cannot pat down a 15 year old female for being a passenger in a truck with her father. Who said anything about smoking pot???? There wasn't any....it's called harrassment.

BelizeBreeze

eribbit69 said:
Either your screen is too small for you to read what people are writing or you are a bitter old man. Take the time to read what is being written and don't assume that there is always a lie there. My bf does not smoke anything for that matter and the children in the truck are his.
And if this were in fact true, you wouldn't be here you'd be sitting in your attorney's office.
The fact is there is a problem with harrassment in this little town.......
Prove it.
a male officer cannot pat down a 15 year old female for being a passenger in a truck with her father.
Really? And where did you go to law school?
Who said anything about smoking pot???? There wasn't any....it's called harrassment.
then sue the police department, the city and the state. What do I care?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">