• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying off warrants and fines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iskeepsitreal

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma.

I was put on probation for petit larceny after my court date in April of this year. Not being from the city or county the crime was commited in and still being in high school/working full-time, I neglected to follow through with the community service and Property Loss Class. And after missing my next court date due to a car accident didn't appear at the follow-up court date, September 12. I called the Court Clerk of the city I did go to the first court date in about paying off my fines, court costs and bench warrant, but the lady I spoke to found nothing under my name. I spelled them out to her twice.. even trying it with the middle initial I saw on the docket of my first court date. Which I'm not sure where they got that from, except maybe the awful penmanship the officer used to write the ticket. And still, nothing. I wasn't at home when I called so I didn't have my case number but the lady brought up nothing under my name? I looked it up on all the free sites of warrants and court files and found my name just fine... Question is: What do I do if they can't pull up any files/records for me in the same vicinity of where I actually appeared in court and I want to get this taken care of if possible? I'm really confused.

Advice?

Oh, and I apologize for the run-on sentences and jumping around on the issue.

TYRIS

iskeepsitreal said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma.

I was put on probation for petit larceny after my court date in April of this year. Not being from the city or county the crime was commited in and still being in high school/working full-time, I neglected to follow through with the community service and Property Loss Class. And after missing my next court date due to a car accident didn't appear at the follow-up court date, September 12. I called the Court Clerk of the city I did go to the first court date in about paying off my fines, court costs and bench warrant, but the lady I spoke to found nothing under my name. I spelled them out to her twice.. even trying it with the middle initial I saw on the docket of my first court date. Which I'm not sure where they got that from, except maybe the awful penmanship the officer used to write the ticket. And still, nothing. I wasn't at home when I called so I didn't have my case number but the lady brought up nothing under my name? I looked it up on all the free sites of warrants and court files and found my name just fine... Question is: What do I do if they can't pull up any files/records for me in the same vicinity of where I actually appeared in court and I want to get this taken care of if possible? I'm really confused.

Advice?

Oh, and I apologize for the run-on sentences and jumping around on the issue.

- Re-contact the court clerk with your docket number. They should be able to pull up your file. If not, contact the District Attorney's Office, they should be able to help you.

Tyris

JETX

And if you don't do either of those and try to dispose of this matter correctly... guess what?? They will find you.... with a warrant. And when arrested, pretty good chance that your PRIVILEDGE of a probated sentence will be revoked.

iskeepsitreal

JETX said:
And if you don't do either of those and try to dispose of this matter correctly... guess what?? They will find you.... with a warrant. And when arrested, pretty good chance that your PRIVILEDGE of a probated sentence will be revoked.
Thank you, captain obvious.

C

checkfraudguy

Jetx youre a dick

Jet, why do you have to be such an ass? Guy was just asking, if he knew what to do he would have done it. Stop being a jerk.

JETX

checkfraudguy said:
Jet, why do you have to be such an ass? Guy was just asking, if he knew what to do he would have done it. Stop being a jerk.
From this idiots first post on the forum...
"Im already on probation for a felony 2. Agg Assault Deadly Weapon times two."
" I wrote checks to myself out of thier payroll account."
"I am going to run when the heat comes. I refuse to goto prison."

And he calls ME a jerk and ass?? :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">