• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PC 484(a)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

h0ney.dip

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I made a mistake and got caught shoplifting some merchandise that added up to the amount of 85$.. This is my first offense.. what's my punishment most likely going to be??

Also..
I just received a warrant today & it states "You may avoid arrest and detention by following the instructions the instructions below: This warrant requires that you appear in court. To set a court date, you must appear in person w/ a valid identification".. Is there a chance that when I show up at the police station - they will arrest me there??
It also states "you may be required to post bail. Bring this warrant notice with either money order or a cashiers check."
What are the probabilities that i will have to pay my bail & what happens if I won't be able to pay it?? I'm on disability so i can barley afford my rent..

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">