• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PC 647 (f)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sasha_plh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Hi all.
I'm not good in english, sorry for that.
Yesterday night i was in jail. Police arrest me and took smth about 12 hours in jail.
I was drunk in hotel room, i tried to cook and suddenly i'm fall to sleep. Eggs on the stove make a lot of smog. Firefighters and police wake me up.
Then police took me in jail. When i was unjailed i get only slip with my property and my property. They don't say me nothing.

What will be after that? I'm not US citizen. How they will contact me, will here curt or something?
Don't you know - will they try to contact my job? it can be serious problems for me.

Can you give some advice - what i should do to close that issue?
Thanks!

CdwJava

Many public intoxication arrests are settled by the arrest without further criminal proceedings. If charges ARE filed, you will need an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one should be appointed for you.

I'm curious, though, how you could be arrested for public intoxication per PC647(f) if you were passed out in your hotel room???? Now, if the medics took you outside and you became uncooperative, THEN that might make sense. But, if you were arrested IN your hotel room only for public intoxication, that would almost certainly be a bad arrest.

sasha_plh

Hi men,
thanks for answer.
They said i was behave myself like - that's why they take me. I was really drunk and don't remember almost nothing. It's usual for me when i fell to sleep in such condition(i mean that's i don't remember)
How can i know was charges ARE filed or not?
I have only "JAIL PROPERTY SLIP" where i have field "CHARGES" and here i have "PC 647(F) M". They really don't say nothing about curt or fares...

CdwJava

The slip you were provided is probably one of two things. It is either a "Notice to Appear" (i.e. a citation, or, ticket) and it will give an appearance date, time and location for your arraignment. Or, it is a notice that you were only detained and NOT arrested pursuant to PC 849(b).

Read the document carefully. It is almost certainly one of those two things. If it is a release per PC 849(b) then no charges are pending. If it is a notice to appear, then you have to go to court as indicated.

sasha_plh

Hi CdwJava and thanks for reply again.
I can provide a pic of that slip, there no appointment and no PC 849(b).

So the short story again. Police pick up me to the San Mateo jail. They asking me something, fill some reports. I don't remember(
Then i asking(i'm knocking to door and window) few hours to contact my wife or company. Thye all don't listen me and just say "ok" and close the door.
One from them was more kindly and open my door few times. On third or maybe fourth time i ask him why i'm here and when they release me. He say that i'm in jail because i was drunk and bad behave. About release he say - "stop knocking and it's will". So i stopped make noise. Maybe one hour gone and they took me somewhere, at that room we(i and others 3 inmates) receive our properties. Slip was with that pocket. And that's all...Officer conducted us to the street...
I can't understand what affects and when i'll take from that story.
I'll fly away in one week, in my country and i even don't know will i back somewhen or not...
So please see the slip on my drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7EHfk9rDdcYNnZqOWkzRWMwMUU.
And please give your opinion was it crime, should i pay or what it was....Thanks man.

CdwJava

That's just a property receipt.

If you do not have a notice to appear with a court date, then you have little to worry about. Though it is possible that they could try to mail something to the address you provided to them. If they do pursue charges, you could find a warrant issued for you sometime in the next year. Though, as I mentioned, it is not usual that they will pursue prosecution for a first time public intoxication arrest.

Eekamouse

Hi CdwJava and thanks for reply again.
I can provide a pic of that slip, there no appointment and no PC 849(b).

So the short story again. Police pick up me to the San Mateo jail. They asking me something, fill some reports. I don't remember(
Then i asking(i'm knocking to door and window) few hours to contact my wife or company. Thye all don't listen me and just say "ok" and close the door.
One from them was more kindly and open my door few times. On third or maybe fourth time i ask him why i'm here and when they release me. He say that i'm in jail because i was drunk and bad behave. About release he say - "stop knocking and it's will". So i stopped make noise. Maybe one hour gone and they took me somewhere, at that room we(i and others 3 inmates) receive our properties. Slip was with that pocket. And that's all...Officer conducted us to the street...
I can't understand what affects and when i'll take from that story.
I'll fly away in one week, in my country and i even don't know will i back somewhen or not...
So please see the slip on my drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7EHfk9rDdcYNnZqOWkzRWMwMUU.
And please give your opinion was it crime, should i pay or what it was....Thanks man.
Yes, please, go back to your own country and get so wasted on alcohol that you black out and get arrested. You obviously have a problem with alcohol and should not be drinking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">