• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PD didn't show up ..Continuance??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trisha258

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

My daughter was arrested for consp. to commit robbery along with 3 other individuals. They are all being held for bond and all 3 went up for their hearing this morning. My daughters pd never showed up and the judge issued a continuance. I thought they had 10 days to give her the hearing not detain her in jail because the pd never showed up. Isn't it right to have an attorney present and the right to speak to an attorney? She has requested several times to speak to an attorney and they keep putting it off. How is this fair to her ....it was a court appointed attorney who failed to show up and now she has to spead the next few weeks in jail until they can fit her back on the schedule??
Trisha

Trisha258

Can't Afford to "Bond her out"

What type of reply was that, very unproffessional if you ask me. Don't you think if I had $20,000 cash sitting around that I would have bonded her out already. Bond wasn't the question, my question was, her first hearing was suppose to be in 10 days after the arrest, on the 9th day they took her to the hearing (in which she was never notified or had never spoken to the PD) and was told that her attorney didn't show up so they filed a continuance. Come to find out, an attorney was never selected to represent her. Can't something be done about this? Isn't it her legal right to be represented by a court appointed attorney if she couldn't afford one? Now a new hearing is set up for the 17 of Oct. which means she didn't get her hearing done in the 10 days as the law stated.

Trisha

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">