• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pending Felony charges almost a year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bootz

What is the name of your state? South Dakota.....ok so last year around april or may i wrote 2 bad checks...one for 1,200 something and one for 1,100 something. i was given a warning and told never to come back to the store again. well i worked last year from 0ctober 25th to december 26th and was laid off with everyone else. now i reapplied at the same place..did a background check and drug screen...passed drug screen with flying colors cuz i dont use but the background check had a pending charge on it and they wouldnt hire me until i took care of it. well the pending felonieis were filed on october 28th of 2008 and wasnt called or served any papers and knew nothing about it...now that i found out about it ive been freaking out not really knowing whats going to happen. i was told by some friends that had known people who had the same thing charged for them...and a year passes by and the pending warrants/felonies are dismissed and you pay restitution. i wanna know if this is true...i mean i know if its dismissed that it will still be on my permanent record but wont be pending anymore. Please get back to me ASAP. Thanks

Some Random Guy

i was told by some friends that had known people who had the same thing charged for them...and a year passes by and the pending warrants/felonies are dismissed and you pay restitution.
Uh, are you trying to tell me that you wrote $2300 in bad checks and haven't paid restitution yet and you think that the charges are just going to go away?

You have two open felony charges against you. Its time to get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">