• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wynn555

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

My sister lied on her boyfriend, she told the police that her boyfriend beat her up. She got a restraining order on him, then she lied and said that he came to her house. The police put a warrant out for his arrest. They got back together and my sister signed an affidavit stating that she lied and put self inflicked bruised on her because she was mad that her boyfriend sleep with another woman. My sister's boyfriend has hired a lawyer to represent him to have the restraining order removed and to have the warrant removed. The lawyer has asked the courts/judge to "Set A Side".

Can my sister be charged with Perjury??

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Yes, or something similar like filing a false police report, making a false written statement, etc. Could even be multiple charges since it sounds like she lied in several different ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">