• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

person on warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trubdawg

What is the name of your state? va
My house was raided with a search warrant. The discription of the person on the warrant was a black male his height weight and such. My husband and I are white and our names are on the lease. The warrant said an informant came to the house bought drugs from a black male.
The officers did find some scales and I think maybe empty baggies. They did not arrest us. And we were not charged or anything. My husband and I decided we needed a new life after that happened and we moved to NC. This happened 5/5/05 we moved 6/2/05.
For some reason it went to a grand jury on 6/6/05 and we were both found guilty of poss of cocaine with intent to distribute. When they came to serve the papers we were already in NC.
We are still in NC so we have never been served anything. We have been pulled over several times and they told us we were wanted in VA but they would not extridite, and they let us go. I was just pulled over for speeding and they said that VA has changed their minds and will extridite. So I went to jail that day but was given a bond of $10,000 and was released. I am now being charged in the state of NC for being a fugite from another state.
Please helpWhat is the name of your state?

mike_lee

Firstly I'm not a lawyer and you are in need of one. This is just advice from my perspective, at the end of the thread all the opinions form a whole.

Sounds like you had a window of opportunity there where you could have fixed things, why didn't you? What you do now probably fight extradition but you'll need an attorney. The reason to fight is they may not grant you bail, and that would suck.

You can call the Virginia District attorney and ask him if bail has been set how much money you will need to bring.

How much cocaine did they find? What I'm reading between the lines is you are guilty - but that doesn't mean you automatically lose they must have a weak case, exploit all the weaknesses you can find and I bet they plea you down. But a good lawyer is essential he will keep you out of jail. I would imagine if it's a misdemeanor around $2000 - $3000 a felony around $2500 - $5000. Don't say you can't afford it you can''t afford not to hire one.

I'm not a lawyer and you're definetely in need of advice.

racer72

For some reason it went to a grand jury on 6/6/05 and we were both found guilty of poss of cocaine with intent to distribute.
Not true. A grand jury does not convict people of crimes, they decide if the prosecution has enough eviedence to bring charges against someone. This obviously happened in your case.

justalayman

My house was raided with a search warrant. The discription of the person on the warrant was a black male his height weight and such. My husband and I are white and our names are on the lease. The warrant said an informant came to the house bought drugs from a black male.
and this has any relevence to the situation because......?

Unless you are a member of the KKK, I would suspect they simply accepted the fact that you have an aquaintance that is similar to that described on the warrant.

If he was dealing from your house, that makes it fair game for a warrant to search your house. If you disagree, you will need to argue such in court.

Please help
So, what do you want? It sounds like you need to go to court and argue your position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">