• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal recognizance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tvbdude

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I am released on my own recognizance for arson, B&E at night time for felony, receiving stolen property, and A&B on a police officer.

In the future, Can I always be released on my own recognizance?

tigger22472

tvbdude said:

I am released on my own recognizance for arson, B&E at night time for felony, receiving stolen property, and A&B on a police officer.

Maybe, who knows what they'll be doing in 10 to 20

CdwJava

tvbdude said:

What kind of crazy system releases a person with at least three felonies on their own recognizance??

CAN they release you O/R in the future? Sure. Should they? Absolutely not! Given the charges you listed, if true, MA (or your local court) is truly screwed up for doing so this time!

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

CdwJava said:
What kind of crazy system releases a person with at least three felonies on their own recognizance??

CAN they release you O/R in the future? Sure. Should they? Absolutely not! Given the charges you listed, if true, MA (or your local court) is truly screwed up for doing so this time!

- Carl
Now now carl.....I still have a few friends in the agency who would gladly release someone like this into the general population.....

Now, can you guess why? :D

CdwJava

BelizeBreeze said:
Now now carl.....I still have a few friends in the agency who would gladly release someone like this into the general population.....

Now, can you guess why? :D
Well, after having a couple of cups of coffee ... and getting over my initial jaw-dropping, knee-jerk reaction to the thought of releasing ... yes, now that ou mention it, I can think of a few reasons.

I guess if they were rocket scientists we wouldn't catch as many of 'em.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">