• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petit Larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wallet

I live in the state of NY. I was arrested on March 23, 2006 for Petit larceny. I am 18 years old and have a pretty much clean record besides an ACOD for an assault charge that the family pressing dropped. So I assume that's done with. Anyway, I stole 65$ worth of merchandise from JC Penny's in a local mall and was stopped by a Loss Prevention officer along with a friend who stole an equal amount of merchandise. He and I made no attempts to run from the LP's, we cooperated with them absolutely and were kind to them and they actually told us that we were really cool kids. They had an elaborate conversation with us about things incoherent to stealing. The cops came and arrested us and paraded us out of the store ect....we were also very cooperative with them as well. I took mug shots and they told us we were banned from the mall for a year. They did a ton of paperwork and then we were told we could leave. My court appearance is on the 6th of April. I'm not sure what I should do and I have a tough time looking for advice. I cannot afford a lawyer, and I'm not eligible for the public defender since I'm living with my mom and she is not eligible. I've applied and they didn't take it. I don't want my mom to get involved anyway, which is why I cannot afford a lawyer. I'm moving out due to my mom's bipolar problems, but not for a few months until I can make some more money. I can no longer live in that house and the abuses that I have to deal with. I have money saved but it's for a car/apartment and I really cannot spare a dime. I've been told that writing some sort of apology letter to JC Penny's and giving it to the District Attorney at the arraignment would make things better. I just really cannot handle this charge. I really regret what I did and I think that it was really retarded of me, I've just had some really rough times lately and I was not thinking. Please don't just come in here and pick on me, I've had it with that. Thanks if you contribute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">