• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petit larceny case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The Deavatron

What is the name of your state? VA
So a few months ago I posted about my case and petit larceny for stealing unused liscense plates since va wouldn't allow me to register to my car. Well I went to court and they offered to give me to pay a small fine and do a program called OAR and do 50 hours of community service. Well needless to say I never did any of them and my case was today and I didn't go. Seriously I probably called to setup cummunity service 20-30 times and always got an answering machine and only one return phone call in 2months which I wasn't even there for. Well eventually I said screw it and went on my way. What does this mean now? Do i have a possible warrant out formy arrest for something this petty? Seems pretty steep they give me 50 hours and give some people with dui 20 or so. Anyways there's another twist I have to register a car I just bought tomorrow or friday possibly could they arrest me at the dmv for this? Anyways I'm really a good guy I'm just poor and in a bad situtaion. Thanks anyone that puts some input on this

FlyingRon

You can be darn sure there is a warrant out for your arrest. You can be sure that your failure to comply with the terms of your alternative sentencing and the fact that you failed to subsequently appear has pissed off the court as well. Expect to spend some jail time thinking about the opportunity you pissed away because you were too lazy to comply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">