• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petit larceny charge in NY state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meg319

What is the name of your state? New York
My sister was recently charged with two counts of petit larceny for stealing some cell phones from a store. Can anyone tell me the possible punishment and/or outcomes of this? Would she face jail time or a fine?? etc etc. I'm so worried about what kind of outcome she faces.

meg319

hmm

I'm not knowing what statute numbers she was charged under. We are not in great speaking terms...she still hasnt learned to get her life together. But all it said in the paper was that she was charged with two counts of petit larceny.....I've left messages with her to call me back, but she won't. I'm just wondering what she could be facing here.

thanks - sorry I dont have any statute numbers. I dont even really know what those are!

meg319

i'm not really looking for jokes, just some legal advice perhaps. Does anyone know what she could be facing.....jail, fines, ?????

The Occultist

i'm not really looking for jokes, just some legal advice perhaps. Does anyone know what she could be facing.....jail, fines, ?????
Too bad. Petit is french, you're looking for petty.

Anywho, you won't be able to get any legal advice from us until you find out those statute numbers and give them to us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">