• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petit theft of private property that was done at a BX on base

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

And it was not intentional or knowingly. Which is why part of me wants to try to fight it. But attorney fees are ridiculously expensive. So I also have to weigh in the debt this could add on my family.
If you cannot afford an attorney, one should be appointed for you. And, understand that most shoplifters say that their actions were unintentional. Depending on the actions you took, this claim may be considered laughable and your attorney may suggest a plea deal anyway. For instance, if you were shopping and put all other items in a basket but slipped that new CD into a handbag "just to hold it" then no one's going to buy it.

From what I read, probation of up to 5 years is a possibility, but, it also appears that probation is something that is not often given ... but, that could be for offenses that have minimum sentences. You'd really need to talk with an attorney well versed in federal law.

J8484

Ok. So most likely I could just be facing a fine. And believe me I know I probably sound like the others who swear their innocence but this time it's really true. I would never jeopardize myself, my kids, or my husbands career over an $18 lipstick. I'm going to see if I can find an attorney that ha does cases like these so we can get a clear understanding of what our options are and what type of sentencing I could receive. Thank you for you help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">