• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petty larsen charge ***ADVICE NEEDED ASAP***

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whoisitnow

What is the name of your state? ny

so me and a buddy got busted trying to steal two things that totalled to $50 worth of walmarts crap. anyways, they called the cops and **** and now i'm being charged with petty larsen. i'm 18 and this is my first offense other than speeding tickets. so now, i have come to seek some legal advice. i have to go to court in 6 days.

since im only 18, i'd prefer to try and keep this lil incident away from my parents' knowledge so what do you think the best route to go is? i doubt i could afford a lawyer on my own so i was thinking of possibly one of those lawyers the courts give you due to a persons financial status? i doubt they'll allow that b/c of living with my parents. how bad would it be if i were to go by myself? anyone have exerpience with something like this? i'm really kinda lost with what to do so i'd appreciate some helpful replies...thanks

HomeGuru

whoisitnow said:
What is the name of your state? ny

so me and a buddy got busted trying to steal two things that totalled to $50 worth of walmarts crap. anyways, they called the cops and **** and now i'm being charged with petty larsen. i'm 18 and this is my first offense other than speeding tickets. so now, i have come to seek some legal advice. i have to go to court in 6 days.

since im only 18, i'd prefer to try and keep this lil incident away from my parents' knowledge so what do you think the best route to go is? i doubt i could afford a lawyer on my own so i was thinking of possibly one of those lawyers the courts give you due to a persons financial status? i doubt they'll allow that b/c of living with my parents. how bad would it be if i were to go by myself? anyone have exerpience with something like this? i'm really kinda lost with what to do so i'd appreciate some helpful replies...thanks
**A: what is a petty larsen?

Janet7

Just my personal opinion. You made a bad choice and now you have to take the lumps. Hopefully you'll think before doing something that you thought was harmless.

People who shoplift (even what you would call "crap") cause the rest of society to pay for it in many ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">