• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petty misdemeanor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedkid

my state is minnesota. I was given a ticket for misc theft. the amount of the item was $7.50. once I pay the fine at court, will this charge be on my record? is this a petty misdemanor or highter?

PLEASE HELP........ :confused:

snostar

Contact an attorney. If this is a first offense you will likely be offered a plea. It may include a probation period after making restitution and/or paying a fine. The charge may then be dropped from your record.

mcheryl

snostar said:
Contact an attorney. If this is a first offense you will likely be offered a plea. It may include a probation period after making restitution and/or paying a fine. The charge may then be dropped from your record.
If a probation was given by the judge, does it mean this charge will go onto the record? When the charge is dropped, will the public still have access to this charge? If not, who will have such an access?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">