• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pety Theft Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sofokufun3

What is the name of your state? California

I've committed this crime 7 years ago. The case is dismissed and was expunged. My question is: Will I still be in private business criminal database who does back ground checks? I know that this offense will always stay in my criminal record database, but will my back ground check be cleared from private databases. I mean, I requested an instant back ground check for myself on-line and there was no criminal record listed on the back ground check.

To be on the safe side, where can I go and request another background check so that I know for sure it is accurate?

please help, thanks.

The Occultist

There are some companies that do indeed store records, and thus they can be accessed even after the crime has been expunged. There isn't necessarily any way you can check for this; that's the thing about private databases: they're private.

CdwJava

I believe the priovate comopanies purge their files (at least with regards to CA court records) after 7 years. But, there is no way to know this for sure with regards to each and every company out there.

- Carl

sofokufun3

thanks a bunch. I will know for sure sometime the end of this or next month--because I will be hired as a permanent at a non-profit company soon. Well see, right now my trust is in the Lord and let him take care of this. hmmmmm....I'm so tired....:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">