• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PI ticket (Texas), how worried do I need to be?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SupraMan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I'm 19, was drunk, arrested, got a ticket for P.I. :eek:

Any way, I've been trying to get some information of the serious of this.

-The police officers (at the jail) told me its about the equivalent of a speeding ticket, and I may have to do a AA class.

-I called the court to tell them I won't be able to drive 4 hours for my court date, the young woman that answered seemed extremely unintelligent on the matter, but she told me to just call up there and plead guilty and ask for differed judification, pay a $100 court fee, don't do anything bad for 3 months, and it goes away (with a AA class).

Is this true?

I've also heard from a local lawyer that they can take away my license and I'm looking at a lot worse. Of course he was hoping I'd pay him $500 to make it "go away".What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">