• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Placing couple recycle card boxes in private dumpster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guptaa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Couple of days back I had a flooded basement and that made all of my cardboard boxes unusable. I cleaned up the basement and placed the wet cardboxes ( folded ) in / next to recycle bin. The town truck refused to pick any boxes not in the bin and suggested to dump them in town recycle dumpster.
I had a flight the next day and I wanted to recycle them asap ( not having them around by lawn for next 30 days in NOrth east winter ).
I stuffed the boxes in my car and while shopping for my flight placed 2 - 4 boxes in the shopping mall recycle dumpster. I did the trip twice.

While searching overnight about recycling, I figured that those dumpsters are not town ones; they are private and figured that there is a town center recycling center. Early next morning, I picked up all my boxes from the dumpsters, obtained town permit for recycling and recylced them in the center. I also informed the mall management office of the same and the local police too.

My question - Do I need to do anything else? What actions should I take more to ensure the correction of the mistake. Any advice is helpful.

Thank you! Abhi

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Couple of days back I had a flooded basement and that made all of my cardboard boxes unusable. I cleaned up the basement and placed the wet cardboxes ( folded ) in / next to recycle bin. The town truck refused to pick any boxes not in the bin and suggested to dump them in town recycle dumpster.
I had a flight the next day and I wanted to recycle them asap ( not having them around by lawn for next 30 days in NOrth east winter ).
I stuffed the boxes in my car and while shopping for my flight placed 2 - 4 boxes in the shopping mall recycle dumpster. I did the trip twice.

While searching overnight about recycling, I figured that those dumpsters are not town ones; they are private and figured that there is a town center recycling center. Early next morning, I picked up all my boxes from the dumpsters, obtained town permit for recycling and recylced them in the center. I also informed the mall management office of the same and the local police too.

My question - Do I need to do anything else? What actions should I take more to ensure the correction of the mistake. Any advice is helpful.

Thank you! Abhi
I don't understand. Were you charged with a crime of some sort?

guptaa

I don't understand. Were you charged with a crime of some sort?
Thanks! Sorry for not being clear on this earlier.

I havent been charged with anything. I want to be preventive and ensure I do not get charged with anything for my stupid mistake

quincy

Thanks! Sorry for not being clear on this earlier.

I havent been charged with anything. I want to be preventive and ensure I do not get charged with anything for my stupid mistake
It appears you have covered all bases as well as you can. I can't imagine you would be charged with anything at this point. Good luck.

guptaa

It appears you have covered all bases as well as you can. I can't imagine you would be charged with anything at this point. Good luck.
Ok, thanks. I was travelling yesterday. I will just call the police once again. I read couple of similar incidents on this site and they really look bad. I usually try to think much before acting that way but this was quite rash.

quincy

Ok, thanks. I was travelling yesterday. I will just call the police once again. I read couple of similar incidents on this site and they really look bad. I usually try to think much before acting that way but this was quite rash.
Okay. Good luck.

dave33

What are you gonna say to the police? At this point you are begging for them to recognize you and take some sort of action. Maybe a slap on the wrist or a stern warning? Enough already, move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">