• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

playing games

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flusstered

What is the name of your state? I live in PA.

I wasn't sure where to post this question, and if I'm in error, I apologize. Please direct me to the correct forum.

Question: Ex husband is demanding I supply him with my current husband's SS# and DOB claiming he has a right to know if my current husband has a crimminal background (which he doesn't). Quick background, we're in a grueling court battle for custody of my 16 year od daughter. Are his attempts and/or requests legal? I was told by someone (not in the legal field) that it was illegal for him to do a search, just for the heck of it, and at the very least may be harrassment. Any input is much appreciated.

dequeendistress

He can legally ask you anything, he is not under any kind of oath...it is you who must be wise in providing the answers...or in not providing them.

This sounds like some total B.S. in lieu of the case that your current hubby is a sex offender or something, and I am NOT implying that is the case, just a possiblity as to why your ex is inquiring...

As advised do not give anything in lieu of a court order, then some third party should verify, not the ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">