• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Advise!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beth1818

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was arrested at the beginning of June 2006 at my apartment complex. Normally I do not drink, but I apparently drank a lot of Tequilla with my friends and wandered out of my apartment. I do not recall this, it is what my friends have told me. I apparently passed out in the grass and someone called 911. EMS and a police officer came and woke me up. I began cussing at them and the police officer said that he originally was not going to arrest me but because I cussed him out, he arrested me. I spent 7 hours in jail and was bailed out. I have a court date on Monday and just want to know what to do. I have never been arrested before.
I was arrested for public intoxication under statue 16-42 of GA state law. Thanks for any advice you can give.

garrula lingua

uhhh, is your yard a 'public' area ?

If you have a pristine background, talk to a local atty about beating this charge, on the basis that you weren't in 'public' but were in the curtilage or yard of your home.

May or may not work, but who knows ? the Prosecutor may be willing to dismiss after you complete 24 AA meetings. Talk to a private lawyer, or the PD & see if they'll argue this to a disposition without a conviction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">