• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please answer soon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Niki

What is the name of your state? MI

I am wondering what the true FACTs are on this question:

let's name the girl Melinda. If somebody (who knows melinda) goes to the cops and tells them that melinda has smoked pot recently, what can the cops do? can they piss test melinda? then what can she get charged with if they do?

I've heard that the only way you can get in trouble with the cops for marijuana is if they find it ON you or you get caught IN the act of smoking it. I am now wondering what they can do by heresay. If they learn that somebody has smoked in the past, can they get that person in any trouble for it? can they test her? thank you very much...:( nervous

seniorjudge

Niki said:
What is the name of your state? MI

I am wondering what the true FACTs are on this question:

let's name the girl Melinda. If somebody (who knows melinda) goes to the cops and tells them that melinda has smoked pot recently, what can the cops do? can they piss test melinda? then what can she get charged with if they do?

I've heard that the only way you can get in trouble with the cops for marijuana is if they find it ON you or you get caught IN the act of smoking it. I am now wondering what they can do by heresay. If they learn that somebody has smoked in the past, can they get that person in any trouble for it? can they test her? thank you very much...:( nervous
Melinda, the cops aren't going to axe you to piss in a cup just cuz your BF gots hacked at you.

gawm

Don't worry Niki, oops... I mean Melinda. Not much the cops could do. Just remember this strategy- Deny, Deny, And Deny! Also don't cooperate. It would also be beneficial if you stopped smoking pot, but hey, you're gonna do what you're gonna do.

Niki

i know that. what im asking is what are the cops CAPABLE of doing just by hearing that a girl has smoked pot? can they test her? charge her with anything if she hasn't got it on her or they dont catch her in the act?? what??

gawm

A good way to find out is to go to the police and tell them that (insert the person name who is going to snitch on you here)..... smoked some pot last week and see what happens,:D

btrflies7

I do believe that is called "hear say". Unless that state has some weird laws, they can not require a piss test. I can walk up to anyone and say something, it does not mean it is true and it has to be proven. I am not an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">