• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please can anyone help me!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lin77

What is the name of your state? Florida

I just found out that I have a Felony warrant for my arrest in Florida from almost 8 years ago when I was with my ex husband living with the Military. A neighbor of mine lent me her AT &T Phone card which ended up racking up an enormous bill. I moved from Florida before she recieved the bill but when she called and told me about it I said I would pay it but I couldn't all at once. Anyway she had to press charges against me inorder for At&T to Drop the bill against her. Because it was over a thousand dollars I now have a felony warrant but I do not live in FL! I have no money and no way of getting to FL what to I do. Is there a statute of limitations on warrants?

thank you for your help

A

AdamGules

Contact the DA and work to find a resolution with him/her.

K

krispenstpeter

Because it was over a thousand dollars I now have a felony warrant but I do not live in FL!
That's your problem.

A neighbor of mine lent me her AT &T Phone card which ended up racking up an enormous bill.
The CARD didn't rack up the bill, YOU did.

Is there a statute of limitations on warrants?
Of course there is. One second after you die.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

krispenstpeter said:
Of course there is. One second after you die.

====================================

My response:

Ah, there's no quiet, subtle, understatement in that phrase.
Short, succinct, and to the point. The phrasing is sheer poetry, like a finely tuned violin!

Compliments!

IAAL

calatty

Warrants are good forever. The only way to take care of this is to get a lawyer and either stand trial or negotiate a plea bargain. It most likely will involve having to go back to FL at some point. If you are indigent, you might get a public defender. Calling the DA without a lawyer is a very bad idea.

VR_Hunter

Don't do anything to attract the attention of the law to your where abouts or its off to jail you go, no passing go, no collecting $200.

BTW, where DO you live????

dequeendistress

VR_Hunter said:
Don't do anything to attract the attention of the law to your where abouts or its off to jail you go, no passing go, no collecting $200.

BTW, where DO you live????
Are you per chance a "bounty hunter"?

VR_Hunter

dequeendistress said:
Are you per chance a "bounty hunter"?
If I were a bounty hunter, then it would do me no good to admit it now would it. LOL

However, IF I were a bounty hunter, these forums would be a gold mine. All you have to do is read the post, ask some leading questions, and POW, easy money. HA!

No, I had enough adrenaline excitement in the military. I make much better money doing what I do now and it is much less likely to get me killed. LOL.

B

budro2u2000

statue of limitations

VR_Hunter said:
If I were a bounty hunter, then it would do me no good to admit it now would it. LOL

However, IF I were a bounty hunter, these forums would be a gold mine. All you have to do is read the post, ask some leading questions, and POW, easy money. HA!

No, I had enough adrenaline excitement in the military. I make much better money doing what I do now and it is much less likely to get me killed. LOL.
statue of limitations. on most charges they have to be filed before the 7 yr limitaion but only murder is a life time warrant.. if charges arent filed for 7 yrs then dont worry but if its murder you are in deep crap

K

krispenstpeter

statue of limitations. on most charges they have to be filed before the 7 yr limitaion but only murder is a life time warrant.. if charges arent filed for 7 yrs then dont worry but if its murder you are in deep crap
And what the HELL does any of this have to do with the Original post.

There is a warrant issued. HELLO? A warrant NEVER expires.

Next time learn to read and keep incorrect information off the forum.

B

budro2u2000

never said a warrant expired

krispenstpeter said:
And what the HELL does any of this have to do with the Original post.

There is a warrant issued. HELLO? A warrant NEVER expires.

Next time learn to read and keep incorrect information off the forum.
next you read what is said.. i never said a warrant expires.. what i said was or (pardon me) accuasations must be filed on before the 7 yr linitation. unless its a murder . then accusations and warrants last a life time. but yes you are right warrants do last a life time.

K

krispenstpeter

And AGAIN, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this poster's question, which is about a warrant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">