• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beachgrl04

What is the name of your state? FL

Hello, Ok My boyfriend has a warrant in TN for violation of Probation which to me is a simple charge; The state of TN knows where he is at, but hasn't done anything for going on 3years;even when we come to TN to visit family.
We both really want to get this situation settled, but don't really know how to go about it. If he was to get an attorney in FL could that possibly help him out or hurt him? What would you suggest the best thing to do would be?

Also, He has 2 kids and would love to be able to see them, but hasn't been legallly divorced; however, has been seperated for almost 2 years. And she (the mother) is making it very difficult for him to see the kids because of me. What should he do about that situation? How can he go about getting a divorce hisself and will his back ground in TN affect him if he wants to get a divorce through FL? Also, the woman he is seperated from says that she could get me in trouble for being with him, eventhough they've been seperated for like I said almost 2years. Is that possible? Please let me know the best way to handle these situations.

seniorjudge

Q: We both really want to get this situation settled, but don't really know how to go about it.

A: This is simple. He should turn himself in at the cop shop in the county where the warrant was issued.

On all that divorce stuff, he needs to get a lawyer.

beachgrl04

Please Help

Ok, is there a statue of limitations on Violation of Probation? If not, why haven't they tried to do anything for almost 2years?
Also, What I want to really know is if he tries to get to get a lawyer here in florida to help resolve the divorce issues will his background situation in TN affect that? I mean will he be able to walk into a Divorce Lawyer's office w/ out them doing a background check when all he wants is a divorce?
I have been told that you can walk into the court house here and tell them you want to do a divorce by yourself and you pay 300.00 and then they will give you the papers that need to be filled out and then you mail them. Also , that you can put down what you think you can pay for child support. Can it be that simple? Can you actually do a divorce by mail, if no one wants to fight about anything?

seniorjudge

Q: Ok, is there a statue of limitations on Violation of Probation?
A: Not that I know of.

Q: If not, why haven't they tried to do anything for almost 2years?
A: I have not the foggiest.

Q: Also, What I want to really know is if he tries to get to get a lawyer here in florida to help resolve the divorce issues will his background situation in TN affect that?
A: I doubt that it will affect the divorce.

Q: I mean will he be able to walk into a Divorce Lawyer's office w/ out them doing a background check when all he wants is a divorce?
A: I don't think anybody does background checks for divorces.

Q: Can it be that simple? Can you actually do a divorce by mail, if no one wants to fight about anything?
A: A divorce is simple if everyone agrees to everything, but I have never heard of a divorce by mail. Whenever children are involved, that complicates matters immensely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">