• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dspl6407

What is the name of your state? OH

I am looking for any info on this situation.

My daughter who has been in an out of a relationship for 4-5 yrs has had a really bad experience.

She and her boyfriend had an argument a few weeks ago which ended badly.
Her car sustained $2900.00 in damages from his temper. To make a long story short this is my question. My daughter has filed charges for the damages to her car. The boyfriend was booked and had a court date which he was told what could possibly happen to him for his acctions. He decided to tell my daughter if she didn't drop the charges he was going to file charges himself on her. The reason for this is.... when he was pounding on her car, she went after him and hit him to get him to stop any further damage to the car. These two have lived on and off with each other for 4-5 yrs. At the time of this incident they did not live with each other. He found out that this could be classed as Domestic Violence on her part for hitting him.
At this point 3 weeks later my daughter doesn't remember if she made bodily contact or not. There have been no charges filed on my daughter as of yet.

My daughter is petrified she might go to jail for hitting him and trying to get him to stop hitting her car.

Is there anyone out here who might know about this kind of thing?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

CO19

> My daughter is petrified she might go to jail for hitting him and trying to get him to stop hitting her car.

She should be. A DV conviction is NOT something she would want on her record.

> Is there anyone out here who might know about this kind of thing?

Yes, a consultation with a good criminal defense attorney. Contact your local state bar for a referral.

Happy Trails

dspl6407 said:

My daughter who has been in an out of a relationship for 4-5 yrs has had a really bad experience.

Her car sustained $2900.00 in damages from his temper. To make a long story short this is my question. My daughter has filed charges for the damages to her car. The boyfriend was booked and had a court date which he was told what could possibly happen to him for his acctions. He decided to tell my daughter if she didn't drop the charges he was going to file charges himself on her. The reason for this is.... when he was pounding on her car, she went after him and hit him to get him to stop any further damage to the car. These two have lived on and off with each other for 4-5 yrs. At the time of this incident they did not live with each other. He found out that this could be classed as Domestic Violence on her part for hitting him.
At this point 3 weeks later my daughter doesn't remember if she made bodily contact or not. There have been no charges filed on my daughter as of yet.

My daughter is petrified she might go to jail for hitting him and trying to get him to stop hitting her car.

The fact that he hasn't pressed charges yet, is going to seem suspicious.

If he has no proof, it will be his word against hers.

TYRIS

dspl6407 said:

-At this point, any report filed by the boyfriend would be a "he said, she said" report, due to the fact that unless he has a witness to the altercation that supports his statements, he has no evidence that it actually occurred.

Was the boyfriend arrested the night of the occurence or later? Did he make any statements to the Police regarding Domestic Violence?

More than likely he is running a bluff. Tell your daughter to get a restraining order against the guy and be done with it.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">