• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tracey111005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I found out yesterday that I have a warrant for my arrest. After calling around, I discovered that I supposedly missed a court date about a car from when I was married. I have NEVER received any documents telling me I had to go to court. I also found out that this is all under my married name. I have been divorced and got my maiden name back 6 years ago. I do not think it is fair that I have a warrant for something I never received. Please help. I have to drive for my job and I am scared.:confused:

dave33

The only way to resolve a warrant is to go to court. In an ideal situation you will have the funds available to hire a private attorney and let him handle things. Fair has nothing to do with it. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">