• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help.... Grand Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HUNTRESS1

What is the name of your state? new york

hi i was caught leaving a department store with about $1100.00 worth of merchandise.
i was bailed for $ 500.00 and have a court date coming soon. i have hired a lawyer and he assured me no jail time is involved.
this is my first offense and i want to know the procedures involve, this is my first time disscussing anything criminal with a lawyer and just wanted to do a little research my self.
can anyone help.

HomeGuru

HUNTRESS1 said:
What is the name of your state? new york

hi i was caught leaving a department store with about $1100.00 worth of merchandise.
i was bailed for $ 500.00 and have a court date coming soon. i have hired a lawyer and he assured me no jail time is involved.
this is my first offense and i want to know the procedures involve, this is my first time disscussing anything criminal with a lawyer and just wanted to do a little research my self.
can anyone help.
**A: why are you asking us? Ask your lawyer.

JETX

"i want to know the procedures involve"
*** Court will notify you (via attorney) of hearing date. You show up. Say "Guilty". Court assesses fine and possible penalty (jail, probation, etc.). Say "sorry". Pay debt to society. Learn old adage... crime doesn't pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">