• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help i need to know if this is an illegal search and seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

my99laserAWD

Ok i Live In Connecticut, now here is my situation, a kid was trying to rob me and i wouldnt let him, and he wouldnt let me get to my car to leave so i ran upto the window at the wendy's and told them to call the cops, as the cops were showing up the kids let me goto my car so i tried to leave, now i was at wendys and there was a group of proabably about 30-50 people there most of which dont like me, so the cop pulls in and tells me to shut off the car and get out and the whole deal, so i do everything im told and all the kids in the parking lot kept telling the officer that i had marijuana in my box for my subs, now my father showed up and everything because i called him also, and the cops ask to search the car and i said no u cant, so they asked mt father since the car is registered to him and he also said no u can't, so the cops question me and the kid that was trying to rob me a little, and then pretty much said ok u can leave, but i couldnt because the officers car was in my way, while i was sitting in my car waiting the officeer to move his car a bunch of kids kept insisting that i had something in the car, so he walks over and tells me to shut off the car again, and get out so i did, the entire time the cops looked inside my car (because all my windows were down the the sunroof was open) but they saw nothing, so the cop said that they were gonna search the car anyway, but instead of towing it the PD they just searched it right there in the wendy's parking lot, and found marijuana (under 4 ounces Probaably about a half ounce) and a scale, now even though they found that they kept insisting there was more, because everyone was telling the officer that it was in my speaker box, but they found nothing else, so i really need to know if this was an illegal search and seizure, i was told by a friend that since me and my father both refused to let the search the car, and since they saw nothing, that they are suppost to arrest me and my father, and take the car to the station, and search it there, and once they find something figure out what is whos, and let the innocent one go, is this true?? please any help would be very greatly appriciated.....
thank You

Son of Slam

my99laserAWD said:
Ok i Live In Connecticut, now here is my situation, a kid was trying to rob me and i wouldnt let him, and he wouldnt let me get to my car to leave so i ran upto the window at the wendy's and told them to call the cops, as the cops were showing up the kids let me goto my car so i tried to leave, now i was at wendys and there was a group of proabably about 30-50 people there most of which dont like me, so the cop pulls in and tells me to shut off the car and get out and the whole deal, so i do everything im told and all the kids in the parking lot kept telling the officer that i had marijuana in my box for my subs, now my father showed up and everything because i called him also, and the cops ask to search the car and i said no u cant, so they asked mt father since the car is registered to him and he also said no u can't, so the cops question me and the kid that was trying to rob me a little, and then pretty much said ok u can leave, but i couldnt because the officers car was in my way, while i was sitting in my car waiting the officeer to move his car a bunch of kids kept insisting that i had something in the car, so he walks over and tells me to shut off the car again, and get out so i did, the entire time the cops looked inside my car (because all my windows were down the the sunroof was open) but they saw nothing, so the cop said that they were gonna search the car anyway, but instead of towing it the PD they just searched it right there in the wendy's parking lot, and found marijuana (under 4 ounces Probaably about a half ounce) and a scale, now even though they found that they kept insisting there was more, because everyone was telling the officer that it was in my speaker box, but they found nothing else, so i really need to know if this was an illegal search and seizure, i was told by a friend that since me and my father both refused to let the search the car, and since they saw nothing, that they are suppost to arrest me and my father, and take the car to the station, and search it there, and once they find something figure out what is whos, and let the innocent one go, is this true?? please any help would be very greatly appriciated.....
thank You

***Seems like the kids at the Windys hangout know you deal pot from your speaker box, so that's cause enough for the search.

M

my99laserAWD

Re: Re: Please help i need to know if this is an illegal search and seizure

Son of Slam said:
***Seems like the kids at the Windys hangout know you deal pot from your speaker box, so that's cause enough for the search.
nope there was nothing in my speaker box, and all u do is critizie everyone, i need like a real lawyer opinion, bc they were gonna let me go and then the cop told me to shut off my car and get out again, after they were gonna let me go

Son of Slam

Re: Re: Re: Please help i need to know if this is an illegal search and seizure

my99laserAWD said:
all u do is critizie everyone, i need like a real lawyer opinion,

I gave you like the real answer, dude.

M

my99laserAWD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Please help i need to know if this is an illegal search and seizure

Son of Slam said:
I gave you like the real answer dude.
yea but ur not a lawyer or anything plus i think ur wrong, bc ok if people call and say u know my neighbors selling drugs they cant just go search the house, and people calling isnt enough tto get a warrant, so in my case it wasnt a house but if they still thought that i had something they're "suppost" to tow the car to the station and then search it, not search it where ever they want

M

my99laserAWD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please help i need to know if this is an illegal search and seizure

Son of Slam said:
So you say.
r u?......

D

DogToenails

If a police officer get a visual confirmation of any stray french-fries, he is allowed to search your vehicle for more. Any illegal item found during the search counts. That's why you should always carry a spare Frosty around with you.

M

my99laserAWD

DogToenails said:
If a police officer get a visual confirmation of any stray french-fries, he is allowed to search your vehicle for more. Any illegal item found during the search counts. That's why you should always carry a spare Frosty around with you.
they didnt find anything at first, nothing was in plain sight, and we told them we didnt want them to search the car

M

my99laserAWD

all they had to go on was people saying it, and if a cop was allowed to search someone everytime someone said something about someone else, people would be getting searched all day everyday

JETX

It is clear that you are not going to believe anything that anyone on this forum tells you, so I would suggest you let your defense attorney review ALL the facts and he/she will be able to determine whether the search was proper or not.

Oh, and I think I know why the "group of proabably about 30-50 people there most of which dont like" you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">