• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

question_man

What is the name of your state? Florida

My next door neighbor burns dvds for himself and has told me on many occasions to come and get movies when he is home. last night I went to his house and got a few movies from him. it was approx 8:45, he had just burned a new one and I asked him if I could barrow it. he told me yes, I asked him what time he would be in bed so i didnt disturb him. later that night he brought the movie to my house. Apperantly sometime during the night someone broke into his house and stole some dvds and a game system, this morning the police came to my house to ask me if I had heard anything, my neighbor told the police that i had asked what time he was planning on going to bed so I relize that sounded suspicius. I told the police they were more than welcome to search my home and my vehicle for the merchandise. My question is, can I be charged with this crime according to what they know even though I had nothing to do with this crime? and how can I fight it so that I am not wrongfully accused? thank you so much.

Kane

You have no control over whether the police decide to charge you or not.

If your post is accurate and complete, though, I wouldn't worry about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">