• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Me!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

red-head

What is the name of your state? NC

I let a friend of mine put a vehicle in my name. The tags and insurance are in my name. Friday, he was arrested on serious drug trafficking charges. What can happen to me concerning this vehicle? I just thought I was doing a favor for a long time friend. Can I be arrested? I have never been in trouble or done anything illegal in my entire life. I'm scared to death now.

red-head

No. But I don't know who has it. From what his dad told me, he is going to tell on everyone he can, and he may have let one of those people use the vehicle. I know it was stupid of me to do this, but I never thought he would put me in a situation that could get me in trouble.

Last edited:

fairisfair

red-head said:
No. But I don't know who has it. From what his dad told me, he is going to tell on everyone he can, and he may have let one of those people use the vehicle. I know it was stupid of me to do this, but I never thought he would put me in a situation that could get me in trouble. He had several speeding tickets, and just thought I was doing this to help on the insurance.
and you "thought" that your insurance company would cover any damage that this uninsurable person did with your vehicle?? This was not smart from the beginning, regardless of the reason. You put Yourself in a situation that could get you in trouble. I would suggest calling the police and making a report about the missing vehicle as well as contacting your insurance company.

Last edited:

red-head

I let him put the car in my name because he is going through a messy divorce. His ex had told me that she was going after everything, so that he would have nothing after the divorce. I just wanted to help a friend. What could happen to me if I go to the police and tell them what I did (I had NO idea he was involved in drugs), and why I did it. Do you think it would help? Or would it bring more trouble on me?

fairisfair

red-head said:
I let him put the car in my name because he is going through a messy divorce. His ex had told me that she was going after everything, so that he would have nothing after the divorce. I just wanted to help a friend. What could happen to me if I go to the police and tell them what I did (I had NO idea he was involved in drugs), and why I did it. Do you think it would help? Or would it bring more trouble on me?
Why not tell them the truth? that there is a vehicle, in your name, insured by you, that you loaned to a friend. You have heard that the friend has been arrested, and you have no idea now where your vehicle is. Trouble? maybe. Or, you can try waiting until one of his drug buddies gets busted in your car w/ drugs, or kills someone on the road. Then, I can guarantee you of trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">