• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP: police blackmailing ticket payment!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marco120588

What is the name of your state? CT

I was recently pulled over for supposedly swerving in and out of my lane. when the officer gets out of his car he orders me to get out of the car and frisks me. he asks me if i have anything illegal inside the car and i said no. then he asks if he can "take a quick look around inside the car" i said yes thinking he was just going to shine his flashlight inside and he begins a full search of the car. he finds a lot of marijuana paraphenelia and a little bit of marijuana in a pipe. after he finds this he tells me that he is going to just give me a ticket for failure to stay in the lane and obstruction of view because of my air freshener hanging from my rearview window. the officer tells me that he will confiscate all the paraphenelia and if i decide to fight the ticket in court he will use the paraphenelia against me and i will lose the case. can he actually bring in the items he confiscated and use them against me if he didnt arrest me and charge me with possetion of the items at the time?? is he allowed to mention those items in court? or is he just blackmailing me to pay the ticket? should i fight the ticket or just pay it???

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh my god - pay the ticket and thank your lucky stars...
How stupid does one have to be to allow a police search KNOWING that stuff is in there?
:rolleyes:

CdwJava

Yes, he CAN bring the marijuana charge back to life ... he likely has one and three years to file on the marijuana.

He cut you a HUGE break ... now you want to try and rub his nose in it?

Consider it an early Christmas gift, pay the ticket, and move on!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">