• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP...Re:Stat. Limitations of Felony Warants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markg4468

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Please help!!
I have been searching online for 2days trying to get the info I need...
State: Kentucky: Need to know if there is a statute of limitations on a felony arrest warrant???Just found out that in 1996 there was a Gr.Larceny warrant logged while there on business Re; a dispute with my employer over wages...
Thank You!
[email protected]

CdwJava

Arrest warrants go away under two conditions: (1) they are recalled by the court, or, (2) they are served on the defendant.

There is no SOL on a warrant.

You will have to deal with the matter or stay in hiding until the day they come for you.

- Carl

markg4468

Even after 10yrs???

undefined State of KY

I have been arrested since this incident in 1996...Why hasn't the warrant shown up on NCIC???
Could KY Statute be diff from Calif?
Thanks for the input Sgt.

CdwJava

markg4468 said:
undefined State of KY

I have been arrested since this incident in 1996...Why hasn't the warrant shown up on NCIC???
Could KY Statute be diff from Calif?
Thanks for the input Sgt.
How do you know it's not in NCIC? You couldn't possibly have legal access to it.

Keep in mind that if it is a misdemeanor warrant, or one that KY does not wish to extradite on, they will not enter it in to NCIC at all. It may even be listed as a conditional extradition (from certain locations) or regional and not nationwide. And if within the state, if it is a low level warrant it may not even be entered in to a state system outside the county of issuance.

IF there is a warrant, it will remain until recalled by the court or served. If the state had entered it in to NCIC, it will purge from the system after a set number of years (I'd have to look it up, but it is either 3 or 5 I believe) unless renewed. Most agencies automactically renew warrant entries so this is almost never an issue. However, I understand that some states have a policy of allowing them to lapse from NCIC even if still valid unless there has been good faith attempts to make service on the warrants.

- Carl

markg4468

Thank You..Carl..

To answer your question...I know it is not listed on NCIC for 2 reasons...
#1 Each time ANYONE gets booked in the state of NY NCIC is run @ time of booking and at time of release from custody...#2; My father is a police Capt. and has checked quite frequently over the years for me..Plus, I have been pulled over for speeding and random safety checks since in other commonwealth states(IN,OH) and if it were there it would have come up then don't you agree?
Thanks again for the advice/input..
Mark

CdwJava

markg4468 said:
To answer your question...I know it is not listed on NCIC for 2 reasons...
#1 Each time ANYONE gets booked in the state of NY NCIC is run @ time of booking and at time of release from custody...
If the issuing state did not care to extradite then it would either not come up on an NCIC check, or, they would not concern themselves with it because it was not extraditable.

#2; My father is a police Capt. and has checked quite frequently over the years for me
Your father is likely violating state and federal law in doing this.

..Plus, I have been pulled over for speeding and random safety checks since in other commonwealth states(IN,OH) and if it were there it would have come up then don't you agree?
Not everywhere will run NCIC checks on routine traffic stops.

Sad, but true. The CHP was once notorious for that ... and in some parts of CA they still don't check NCIC on stops. It's one reason why many wanted criminals don't always fret a stop by the CHP.

One way to find out is to go to where you think the warrant is and turn yourself in.

And if there IS a warrant, then it does NOT expire.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">