• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help, scared and don't know where to go!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stonek91

the maximum possible (and I stress possible, . depending on a lot of things, they are often much less and there may be, as I suggested earlier, a deferral program available):
Ah ok well this actually makes me breathe a little. I think we can get through that and work through this. We will just need to "shop" around for a lawyer then. THank you

dave33

Texas/Arizona: My boyfriend has a warrant issued from Arizona, but now lives in Texas. Its from a misdemeanor for Harassment that I called in last year during a bad break up and misunderstanding. I never asked the police to arrest him though or officially claimed to be filing for harassment and was completely shocked when the police in Arizona told me they had taken him in at all in the first place. What can we do now? I do not, and never did, want him to suffer through this. Since the incident first occurred late last year me and my boyfriend had made up and he lives in Texas with me now. We only just found out he has a warrant issued and I feel like ****. It was a bad time then and he said things in the heat of the moment and now he has to suffer for it even though I never told police I wanted to charge him with anything.

What are we suppose to do now? HOw much time could he serve? He's trying so hard to pull himself back together, finding jobs and education and it's just not fair.
As you now know, you do not decide if charges get pressed. You make the complaint and than the decision to proceed is out of your hands. You also now know, calling the police rarely has the desired effect. You made the call now you must deal with the consequences. It will most likely be a drawn out extremely inconvenient future demands to satisfy the court. All you can do now is help out where and when you can (if that's what you want to do). goodluck.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Texas/Arizona: My boyfriend has a warrant issued from Arizona, but now lives in Texas. Its from a misdemeanor for Harassment that I called in last year during a bad break up and misunderstanding. I never asked the police to arrest him though or officially claimed to be filing for harassment and was completely shocked when the police in Arizona told me they had taken him in at all in the first place. What can we do now? I do not, and never did, want him to suffer through this. Since the incident first occurred late last year me and my boyfriend had made up and he lives in Texas with me now. We only just found out he has a warrant issued and I feel like ****. It was a bad time then and he said things in the heat of the moment and now he has to suffer for it even though I never told police I wanted to charge him with anything.

What are we suppose to do now? HOw much time could he serve? He's trying so hard to pull himself back together, finding jobs and education and it's just not fair.
So why did you call the cops?

Just Blue

So why did you call the cops?
I would guess to scare her BF into stopping his behavior. Not that he will after this situation is over with... He will just do it againand OP will do it again...till one of them hurts the other and ends up in prison. Sad. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">