• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLease helpA FEW LEGAL QUESTIONS NJ!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lukewarm

What is the name of your state? new jersey

okay here goes I have been awaiting trial for almost 7 years because of codefendants i have a pool lawyer. Here is the senerio i have a miranda hearing in which i was interigatted for 14 hours even after saying i wanted a lawyer more then once twice thrice...well u get the idea. I have several concerns:

1) The judge already did one miranda hearing for a co-defnedant and denied him.
2) I was picked up a week before with the cops saying we need to ask u a few questions. But when asked if I could leave they would say one more question ,one more question, etc.etc. They said I was not under arrest but i was a good 15 miles from my house . But free to leave at any time? How no co-operation no ride.
3)How repeatious is it for a miranda hearing I mean does the judge really view the evidence?
4)Is it possible to get this escalted to a higher court because of the validity of the case?
5)Are the any lawyers out there that strictily deal with Miranda perhaps pro bono if possible or payments i will pay for the rest of my life if need be.
6)can i ask that my miranda hearing not be in that district at all perhaps a appeals or supreme court based on what i have read with the miranda case.
7)one of the co-defendants had a previous armed robbery that had nothing to do with me and made a deal with the prosecutors that involved him turning in a non-fireing gun the next day that was supposed to be the gun. Can that evidence be used to revoke his plea.

I know this seems like a lot and I doubt if anyone cares but I figured i would ask a lot changes in almost 7 years I have my life on track I knew the wrong people at the wrong time. Now I am asking for help from and and all lawyers that will help me. I would be eternally grateful for the help that I desperately seek. I thank you all for your responses and I will thank each and every lawyer willing to help.

L

lukewarm

answer to that last post

yeah i wanna thank all that help me. You may find it amusing to have sarcasm with that last post which is fine i see nothing wrong with what i said/ I may have a child on the way and i may have hung out with the wrong crew when i was younger yeah granted but now i work for a computer osp. I am not a "dummy" perhaps the mistakes i have made in the past would constitute me looking like a dummy but hey i just want help in order to be a person with a life not just a wake up go to work and stuff a family is all i ever wanted and if u can not understand that then there is no need to reply. My stuff is serious and u find humor i am the same way i can find humor in things but with someones life no. My brother just dies in the last wat that we had in iraq and i wanna name my next child after him sounds dumb and all to u and i may get a snide comment but to those that fought in the war i want them imortalized. I am sorry that u found in humour and with that i bid good day

B

Boxcarbill

While I'm sorry to hear about your brother, neither the mommie card nor the military card have any logical relationship to your criminal problems. I, for one, neither support nor appreciate your wrapping yourself in the American flag to gain sympathy for being the object of sarcasm for your criminal situation. In fact, I find it down right offensive.

Incidentally, a case gets to the court of appeals from the trial court level. So the trial court hears the case, including pretrial motions such as the admissibility of confessions (ie. Miranda warnings.) Then you appeal up to the appellate court and from the appellate court to the supreme court. If you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed to represent you. The police told you that you were not under arrest which means that you were free to leave. The police, however, are not under any obligation to provide you with transportation. You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to give up that right, and you apparently continued to talk, any thing you say can be used against you. Criminal defense attorneys handle Miranda warnings and other criminal defense pretrial matters.

L

lukewarm

response

i am not trying to gain sympathy i am simply trying to show the obvious that i am still here after 7 years of waiting i wanna know if it can be resolved based on the questions that i asked previous

thank you vm
P.S.Boxcarbill all while i may not be a legal genious in any sense of the word. Why don't u read over the different miranda cases first before u try and make a discussion that u use from the obvious interpretation of what is read to you when the police read your rights. Everything is open up to interpretation that is obviousily yours. I was asking for legal opinions not personal. Again thank you and have a nice day

B

Boxcarbill

Re: response

lukewarm said:
i am not trying to gain sympathy i am simply trying to show the obvious that i am still here after 7 years of waiting i wanna know if it can be resolved based on the questions that i asked previous

thank you vm
P.S.Boxcarbill all while i may not be a legal genious in any sense of the word. Why don't u read over the different miranda cases first before u try and make a discussion that u use from the obvious interpretation of what is read to you when the police read your rights. Everything is open up to interpretation that is obviousily yours. I was asking for legal opinions not personal. Again thank you and have a nice day
Well, hell, like I told another poster. I'm just unfrozen, caveman lawyer and the world of criminal justice both frightens and confuses me. Maybe you should do your own research.

You see that window on the buttom right hand side of the page that says "search this forum." Type in "Miranda warnings" and hit go. It will bring up every thread posted in the forum on the subject. But if you want to get real serious then go to "Findlaw. com." Look at the bottom of the page and on the line "federal" click on to Supreme Court. Then when that page comes up do a search on subject "Miranda warning." That will bring up every United States Supreme Court case that mentions Miranda vs. Arizona. Not that you will understand what you are reading but it will give you something to do other than relying upon people on this forum to supply with you information that you don't like.

L

lukewarm

response

all i wanted was a little help with some question i figured coming here i would have acess to the answers that i was seeking.

while i have received where to look i have no received what cases would be invaluable as of recent for a proper defense. Trusting my lawyer and a judge to judge me when we are all men is king of disheartening. Let he with no sin cast the first stone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">