• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

!!!!pleeease Heelllpppp!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SweetEnvy

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

:( :confused:

PLEASE HELP ME PPL! I NEED SOME ADVICE...THIS IS THE SITUATION:
ON JULY 7 05 MY MAN GOT ARRESTED FOR PAROLE VIOLATION. ITS THE 2ND ONE THIS YEAR, HIS LAST ONE WAS ON MARCH. FIRST THEY WERE TRYING TO BUST HIM FOR POSSESION OF A FIREARM BY A CONVICTED FELON BUT IT WAS A DA REJECT. THEN THEY WERE TRYING TO GET HIM FOR PAROLE VIOLATION. BUT I HEARD THAT ONCE THEY ARREST HIM THEY HAVE 35 DAYS TO SEE HIM OR THEY HAVE TO DROP HIS CASE. WELL THEY PASSED THE 35 DAY MARK AND THEY STILL GAVE HIM A YEAR. DIDNT THEY VIOLATE HIS RIGHTS? NOW HE'S GOING FOR THE APPEAL...BUT I HEARD SINCE HE'S A PAROLEE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH HIM...IS THIS TRUE....PLZ.........HELP

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

SweetEnvy said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

:( :confused:

PLEASE HELP ME PPL! I NEED SOME ADVICE...THIS IS THE SITUATION:
ON JULY 7 05 MY MAN GOT ARRESTED FOR PAROLE VIOLATION. ITS THE 2ND ONE THIS YEAR, HIS LAST ONE WAS ON MARCH. FIRST THEY WERE TRYING TO BUST HIM FOR POSSESION OF A FIREARM BY A CONVICTED FELON BUT IT WAS A DA REJECT. THEN THEY WERE TRYING TO GET HIM FOR PAROLE VIOLATION. BUT I HEARD THAT ONCE THEY ARREST HIM THEY HAVE 35 DAYS TO SEE HIM OR THEY HAVE TO DROP HIS CASE. WELL THEY PASSED THE 35 DAY MARK AND THEY STILL GAVE HIM A YEAR. DIDNT THEY VIOLATE HIS RIGHTS? NOW HE'S GOING FOR THE APPEAL...BUT I HEARD SINCE HE'S A PAROLEE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH HIM...IS THIS TRUE....PLZ.........HELP

My response:

Why are you SCREAMING at us? I won't even bother to read a post that's in all capitals.

Change it.

IAAL

CdwJava

The time for a hearing may not have begun to run until AFTER the DA rejected the case.

He should speak to his attorney.

This is what happens when parolees don't remain on the straight and narrow.

- Carl

SweetEnvy

Help...

Kali

Yeah But It Was A Da Reject Right Away......it Didnt Take Long For The Case To Get Rejected............****........they Went Way Over The 35 Day Mark....

Just Blue

It would be easier to read you posts if you would use proper grammar, capitalization and sentence structure. :)

CdwJava

SweetEnvy said:
Kali

Yeah But It Was A Da Reject Right Away......it Didnt Take Long For The Case To Get Rejected............****........they Went Way Over The 35 Day Mark....
Then his attorney needs to get involved.

However, YOU may not be privy to the DA "reject" or the reasons why. Because the DA doesn't file on the charges he was arrested for does not mean that he cannot still be held for related lesser offenses.

The new parole Hearing rules are causing all sorts of problems because there are not sufficient hearing officers or attorneys to be present for all the hearings. Also, very often the defendent parolees request continuances so that certain witnesses can be available and that allows a waiver of the time.

If he has a beef HE needs to talk to HIS attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">