• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police found drugs in husbands hotel room

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbr521

What is the name of your state?tx

My husband and some friends got a hotel room. he was not in the hotel room but there were a lot of drugs in the hotel room. police raided the room and no one claimed the drugs since my husband got the room will he be charged for possession?

S

seanray25

they will take everyone in the room, and probably put out a warrant for him.

J

jbr521

yes

Yes i am very serious. Everyone got a ticket for one thing or another no one was arrested and my husband was left holding the bag because he wasnt there.

J

jbr521

as far as i know

they found ice (speed) and i am not sure the quanity more than likely an ounce or more. the guy that the drugs belonged to usually has an ounce or more on him. they also found pipes that you smoke it out of and thats what the tickets were for. since the drugs were not in anyones personal belongings they could not arrest anyone for it.

CdwJava

So ... he rented a room and allowed a bunch of doper thugs to hang out there? Either they committed burglary and broke in while he was gone getting a hamburger, or, they were his buddies and they all KNEW what was up. And since he was the one holding the room, he gets to look like the ringleader.

He may want to consider pointing his finger in other directions real quick.

Carl

J

jbr521

husbands room

Well......the cops were called because they had gotten to loud and there were not a bunch of dope heads in the room it was one guys stuff and he didnt claim it so since my husband rented the room it is now falling on him. And he wouldnt point his finger at anyone. also one of the men in the room is believed to be a narc. strangly enough it is the one that the drugs belonged to.

Last edited:

CdwJava

If the one in the room with the drugs were a narcotics officer, it woul dbe hard to charge anyone unless they all shared in the dope possession or purchase. And I find nothing admirable about not fingering people who let you take the rap! Heck, the guy with the dope sure isn't being a stand up guy so why does hubbie feel ANY loyalty to the guy who is gonna send him to the slammer?

If someone left ME holding the bag, and I really WAS a stand-up guy, I'd finger him in a moment!

If this guy's gonna let your hubbie take the fall, he does not deserve your hubbie's loyalty one whit.

Carl

stephenk

"there were not a bunch of dope heads in the room it was one guys stuff"

And you believe your husband? If it was only one person's drugs, why multiple pipes? Why would your hubby get a room and not be in the room?

dequeendistress

He was the one assigned to pick up the hooker?
in response to the question below
"Why would your hubby get a room and not be in the room?"

Last edited:
J

jbr521

in reply

Well, my husband and i split up two days prior to that evening and he was staying at the hotel and the snitch (not narcotics officer by far) and some of my husbands friends from work were supposed to all hang out and my husband came to get some of his stuff and while he was out the cops came in. I dont know if the tickets were for pipes i know the snitch got a ticket for the pipes i do not know what the others tickets were for exactly.

CdwJava

So ... why is one of these guys "a snitch"? Because he didn't want to take the fall and actually talked to the cops?

I'll never understand this criminal 'code' where it's more 'noble' to suck up a crime than to dime off a so-called friend that gets you jammed up. It makes no sense to me.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">