• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police looked through my wallet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pez123

What is the name of your state? New York

I lost my wallet today at the University, and someone found it and turned it into public saftey. i was informed that it was there. i went to pick it up and they made me go to in a room and interegated me about a fake novelty ID i had in it. i dont think they had the right to go through all my wallet, because i had my real ID, the School ID on the front. did they have the right to catalog everything they found in my wallet and search through it thoroughy? what can i do?

stephenk

Cmon now. You know they had to look through the wallet.

What if you came in and said you had $500 dollars in the wallet and now it's missing? they had to inventory what was in the wallet.

P

pez123

yeah but the real id was on top, they had no further reason to go diggin there and looking at my reciepts and other things

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pez123 said:
yeah but the real id was on top, they had no further reason to go diggin there and looking at my reciepts and other things

My response:

You just don't get it, do you? You just want to argue.

Half of their job was to identify who you were, as the owner. The other half of their job was to "inventory" the contents in the event you disputed the contents and your wallet.

You were already advised about the necessity of the inventory, yet you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

Now it's time for you to go away.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">