• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CaliFDreamer

What is the name of your state? California
when being pulled over for having a broken tailight, and driving with a restricted license that is over two years old but not renewed,the car is impounded,so it is searched.When asked if they can search,he said" no that he He would like a superior officer on scene." The officer than said " F--- You, I know my job" and preceded to search the contents of the vehicle.A bank bag that was locked was found with the company name, when asked if they can search, He answered "no" It's his bosses
for work. they found the key and searched anyways. Charging him with it's contents..Is'nt that an illegal search ? They also lied on the report.now its his word against theirs ,Should he offer to take a lie detector?Will it help? Shouldn't they need a seperate warrent for the locked bag ? I'm confused:
Thank you very much for any help.

Last edited:

calatty

When they impound your car, they can search it, with or without your permission, and, generally speaking, an officer has discretion to open locked containers as part of the inventory, without a warrant.

M

mikkey5

WHAT police misconduct?????????

and driving with a restricted license that is
over two years old but not renewed

What about Driver Stupidity?

C

CaliFDreamer

Police MIsconduct

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post . Although Mikky5,did you stop to consider that maybe he was on his way to or from work?Just in case your unaware, that's what the word restricted in "restricred license" means ! And yes,as a matter of fact,he was coming home from work. Now sir /mamm, it seems that it's you,who is driven by stupidity !Now the question was ,
wouldn't that be an illegal search and seizure?Also,the fact that he wouldn't call for a superior officer when asked to have one on the scene. He never recieved a citation for the original cause of the stop (broken tailight).And the officer said "F**k you I know my job " when asked to have a superviser there.I believe the last two would be Defamation of Character, wouldn't they?It's one word against the other,the arrestee should ask his lawer for a polygraph to prove the officer lied on the report.Shouldn't he?Just a few things we'd like to know.
Thank you,:D

calatty

Unclear from your post whether license was valid. If it wasn't, then the car was properly impounded. An officer is not obliged to call for a supervisor just because you ask for one. A police officer should not use expletives, but it is not defamation unless he defames your character to other people. Lie detector tests are not admissible in court for any purpose, so there is no purpose in taking one. The reality is that the judge will almost always believe the officer over the defendant. They don't have to cite you for the taillight, but I am sure they will if you ask them to.

M

mikkey5

In other woids:

da dope waz drivin wid a EXPIRED restricted license.

Had a busted tale lite, so the NICE police officer stopped him to tell him that and Whoopee he is not supposed to be driving AT ALL.....so the nice officer impounds the car for safe keeping.

See how easy it to catch really stupid criminals?

C

CaliFDreamer

I take It,you must be one of those "NICE COPS" or just a poor soul so disturbed with his own life that he/she must dish out insults without knowing the full details. Was it a "NICE COP" that chased a home intruder ,in California, losing him in a parking lot, and deciding to shoot the first Hispanic he'd seen, who died on the scene? The boy was 19,the "NICE COP" then found a toy gun ,also on the ground in the parking lot, layed it next to the boy claiming he had it in his hands.Thank Goodness for security cameras!!!!
Same City ,Same Cop station, probably one of that "Nice Cops"
admirers.NO need for insults while trying to prove a point.If your this angry go see a shrink. You can insult him instead ,thank you. :mad:

M

mikkey5

look dreamer.

You should by reading the thousands of posts on this site, that most criminals are retarded.

If you intend to break the law you have to be smart, observant, and to cover your azz well.

So you can't be driving with headlights tailights not working, or tinted windows, or making illegal U turns, or heavens forbid, Speeding.

Let alone carring any drugs scales or keeping a dirty car. Funny how they can smell pot or find the little baggie under the seat.

Criminals DONT wash or clean/vaccuum their cars each week so if they get stopped there is nothing in the car to find.

Or I aint got no ID, or the registration, drivers license, or emission has expired. the license plate is laying upside down in the back window.

So then a cop makes an innocent little stop, and then all the fun begins.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">