• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police seize all computers/accessories/media... everything! HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cops_SUCK

What is the name of your state? new jersey

For the record, I'd like to state that I am a juvenile.

Glad I found this forum, hope you guys can provide some advice or something, I'm at a loss.

March 23rd I came home from school only to see 2 cops or investigators, they weren't dressed in uniform, but just suits so I'm not sure of their title exactly.

Anyway, they pull out a list of eBay transactions and ask where I got each item. We went down the list, and I told them where I got each item. They asked my parents to leave while they taped a statement from me. At first, they told my parents it wasn't a big deal and it was "nothing to worry about" at the end of the questioning and taping, they pull out a search warrant and demand all of my systems, CDs, PDA...anything that involves a computer. They took EVERYTYHING, 3 desktops, 1 laptop, 1 Sony Clie PDA, 30+ software titles, access points, hubs... LAN cables, monitors, speakers.

They were here 4 hours taking everything, at this point I am at a loss as to where this is all exactly coming from. The next day at school, I am approached by a friend who tells me the same police gave him the same hard time and took all his stuff because we were suspected of stealing laptops and some "avid dongle cable". There were 2 others after us that were also searched and questioned. My friend and I have nothing to do with stealing any laptops of "dongle cables" from school.

It's been almost a month and I have heard NOTHING, not a SINGLE word from anyone about this issue. I still do not have any of my machines or equipment back.

I hope you guys can comment on this, I am at a total loss. According to a line in the warrant which states the following:

"You are further commanded and authorized to image, copy or reproduce all data storage media as described herein, within (30) thirty days of the execution of this warrant."

Does this mean I will atleast get stuff back after 30 days... or what? I have no idea :(

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Cops_SUCK said:
What is the name of your state? new jersey

For the record, I'd like to state that I am a juvenile.

Glad I found this forum, hope you guys can provide some advice or something, I'm at a loss.

March 23rd I came home from school only to see 2 cops or investigators, they weren't dressed in uniform, but just suits so I'm not sure of their title exactly.

Anyway, they pull out a list of eBay transactions and ask where I got each item. We went down the list, and I told them where I got each item. They asked my parents to leave while they taped a statement from me. At first, they told my parents it wasn't a big deal and it was "nothing to worry about" at the end of the questioning and taping, they pull out a search warrant and demand all of my systems, CDs, PDA...anything that involves a computer. They took EVERYTYHING, 3 desktops, 1 laptop, 1 Sony Clie PDA, 30+ software titles, access points, hubs... LAN cables, monitors, speakers.

They were here 4 hours taking everything, at this point I am at a loss as to where this is all exactly coming from. The next day at school, I am approached by a friend who tells me the same police gave him the same hard time and took all his stuff because we were suspected of stealing laptops and some "avid dongle cable". There were 2 others after us that were also searched and questioned. My friend and I have nothing to do with stealing any laptops of "dongle cables" from school.

It's been almost a month and I have heard NOTHING, not a SINGLE word from anyone about this issue. I still do not have any of my machines or equipment back.

I hope you guys can comment on this, I am at a total loss. According to a line in the warrant which states the following:

"You are further commanded and authorized to image, copy or reproduce all data storage media as described herein, within (30) thirty days of the execution of this warrant."

Does this mean I will atleast get stuff back after 30 days... or what? I have no idea :(

My response:

StupidNewJerseyCriminals_SUCK

They're investigating a crime. Tag, you're it!

They'll return your items when they're done. Not a minute sooner.

IAAL

Son of Slam

Cops_SUCK said:
I'm at a loss.

Does this mean I will at least get stuff back after 30 days... or what?

I have no idea :(

***Be patient. Robert Blake had to wait a year, Scott Peterson had to wait a year and they made Michael Jackson wait almost two years before they arrested them.

C

Cops_SUCK

RE

Bob Dole's a stud, go rock the roat.

Bob Dole, SEX MACHINE!

JETX

"Bob Dole's a stud, go rock the roat."
*** What's a 'roat'???

In China, they say the following about you: "You're a real plick!"

VR_Hunter

Re: RE

Cops_SUCK said:
Bob Dole's a stud, go rock the roat.

Bob Dole, SEX MACHINE!
If we didn't know you were a juvenile we do now.

I had an employee in this situation. I would explain the process, but I don't think you would comprehend. Had you not posted the above quoted material and proved what a shmuck you are, I may have tried to help you understand. We all pay for our actions. You may one day learn this.

VR_Hunter

JETX said:
"Bob Dole's a stud, go rock the roat."
*** What's a 'roat'???

In China, they say the following about you: "You're a real plick!"

LOL
Did you happen to see Lethal Weapon 4? Little chinese guy says, "It's fried rice, you plick!".

Looks like young "Cops_Suck" needs a swift kick in the balls and a slap in the back of the head....daily.

C

Cops_SUCK

RE

Well gee, since everyone is being an idiot, I figured I'd fit in!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">